Thursday, November 28, 2013

Ford's 2013 Thankful List

Last year I decided to document something that Ford was thankful for each day.  I thought it was so cute and sweet that I shared it on my blog.  You can see his 2012 list here.  When November rolled around again this year we went with the same theme again. 

Ford's 2013 Thankful List

November 1- Momma, Daddy, John Brantley and Delta
November 2- The grass and my 4-wheeler
November 3- My teachers and school
November 4- Anna Katherine
November 5- Gran and BoomPa
November 6- Food
November 7- The World
November 8- My toys, clothes, and my house
November 9- The air
November 10- Grandmother and Granddaddy
November 11- Puddin and Pops
November 12- Uncle Ken, Aunt Ashley, Molly Cate, Caroline, and Jack
November 13- God
November 14- My bed and the TV
November 15- Bobba
November 16- Uncle Vance and Ford (yes, he said himself)
November 17- The trees and flowers
November 18- Lucy and Ruth
November 19- Cousin Leslie
November 20- hugs
November 21- A dry car and dry house
November 22- hunting
November 23- My astronaut suit
November 24- milk
November 25- Jesus
November 26- crayons
November 27- Santa and the Christmas tree
November 28- My Bible 

I am thankful for so much that I could document for days.  The Lord knows my heart and what I am thankful for, but I must share one thing with you.  Since my mother has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer I have been shown that there are some amazing people out there.  I am thankful for all the text messages, calls, cards, suppers, e-mail, and hugs I have received the last few weeks.  But what I am really thankful for is a lady who is a stranger to my mom, but someone I have worked with in the past.  She doesn’t know my mother, but the Lord has put it on her heart to reach out to her.  This lady has sent my mom 4 cards in the mail, a gift box with socks, a blanket, lotion, and candy etc. inside.  And just yesterday she delivered a large shopping bag to my house with 25 little gifts inside.  They are all for my mom.  She said, “I was sick once at Christmas and everyone just went on with their life.  I want your mom to have something to open every day in December until Christmas.”  I don’t know what’s inside all 25 of those little gifts, but I do know that she has touched my mom’s heart very deeply.  This stranger that doesn’t know my mother has gone above and beyond the call of duty to show how the Lord lives within her.  I called this lady today to thank her for all the kindness she has shown my mother.  She won’t take credit for a bit of it, but says it’s the Lord telling her to do it.  I encourage you to do something nice for someone else today.  You don’t have to buy someone 25 gifts, but a small random act of kindness can go a long way.  

New blogs below...

1 comment:

Wayne Carter said...

What a beautiful thing this lady is doing for your mom, and you shared it in an interesting way. Thank you for reminding me of the goodness in others and how impactful are simple random acts of kindness.
PS: My niece is Felicia. I saw your blog listed among her friends' blogs.

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...