Monday, October 28, 2013

Wave the white flag

On Saturday we had lots of family fun.  We started the morning off with a pancake breakfast hosted by The Lions Club.  We got there about 8:00 AM, and you know that Ford wore his astronaut suit.  I think he was a BIG hit amongst all of the seniors in the room.  Yes, we were about 50 years younger than most of the people in there.  After breakfast we decided to go and buy some pumpkins…
 Looking in the goldfish pond…. And yes, Ford wore his suit to get pumpkins too!!!!
After we all picked out a pumpkin we decided to look at all the bushes and plants.
We left with pumpkins and trees to plant at our property.    
 This is the face you get if Bitty doesn't get his way.
 On Sunday my granddaddy turned 89.  After church I headed over to Oxford solo.  It was so nice to ride in the car by myself.  I turned up the radio and sang as loud as I wanted to.  I looked out the window in peace and had some much needed Suzanne time.  He didn't know I was coming so it was nice to surprise him.  I stayed for 2 hours.  We talked, cleaned his room, called people on my phone, and roamed around the VA.  He truly is a fine Christian man.   
 This morning before school the boys were playing on the real 4-wheeler.
 My mom starts her first round of chemo treatments in the morning.  I went wig shopping with her today.  After we found her one, we did a little retail therapy.  I love Target and I think the Dollar Spot is fabulous!  I got the boys a candy bracelet there.
 Puddin kept the boys so I could spend that time with my mom.  Thanks Puddin!
This afternoon was rough.  John Brantley is cutting his back teeth and he acts like he is a little bit possessed.  He was biting Ford, Ford was biting him, and they were both yelling.  I got to the point where wanted to throw my hands up in the air and scream, “I surrender!!!”  I would have waved the white flag.  ANYTHING!!!  After hiding out for a few minutes I was able to calm down and proceed with the night.

 The.  Time.  Out.  Chair.   (Enough said)


No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...