Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Cowboys and a Biter

I was informed that I have not been keeping up with my blogging like I should be, so here goes.  Honestly, this won’t be some of my better work, but I promise to make up for it later.  Let’s see… since last Wednesday Ford has played soccer, we went to a birthday party, and my almost 89 year old grandfather got put back in the hospital.  I went to see him on Saturday, and it was bad.  I was just waiting to get a call from my mom that he had died.  I worried all Saturday night about him.  But in true fashion, he pulled through.  He is like a cat with 9 lives and I think he has exceeded his limited. 

On Sunday, all 4 of us went to Oxford to see him.  Our little venture over there ended up being expensive.  We had lunch at Soulshine Pizza and then Trey wanted to go to Square Books.  Ford wasn't impressed so he and I walked to Square Books Jr. and I left Trey with Bitty.  I figured he needed a good dose of him all alone.  Then we headed to the car and I said we NEEDED some Ya-Ya’s Frozen Yogurt.
 Ford has never been a huge fan of sweets, but my boy Bitty sure is.  He sampled Trey’s, Ford’s, and mine.  He threw a fit when it was gone.
 Speaking of fits, he has been throwing a lot of them lately.  I think he is advanced too, and has decided to start the “terrible two’s” at 15 months.  When he decides to pitch a fit most of the time I leave the room because I want to spank him for acting like a brat.  I do spank, but it doesn't really work.  I don’t think he fully gets the concept of what in the world is going on.  He is still biting and I have had about all of it I can take.  I let Ford bite him back and tonight I bit him too.  He’s got to stop it soon.  Any tips are welcome!
 Last week was Homecoming Week at Ford’s school.  Normally he has to wear a uniform, but he got to dress differently on the days he went.  Friday was “dress up day” and he looked so sweet I had to take his picture.
Ahhhhh meal times… I have said they aren't my favorite because my boys are bad eaters.  The other night I turned around to find this….I promise we teach manners!!!
 On Tuesday at school they had “Cowboy Day”.  Ford doesn't go to school on Tuesday, but since it was a special day he got to attend.  When Ford was three one of Trey’s friends and fellow representatives from West, MS, gave Ford the hat, vest, and chaps.  He thought he was HOT STUFF!!!!
 JB wanted some action….
 John Brantley climbs in this basket to get onto the couch and create mischief.  He got trapped the other day and couldn't get out.  Instead of helping him I grabbed my camera.
 My sweet eldest child who doesn't bite me!
 Ford rarely naps.  I have to decide if I need peace in the afternoon or at night.  Usually an early bedtime wins out.  I try to do all of my chores and such on the mornings he is at school so he and I can play when he’s home.  The other day when Bitty was napping Ford wanted to build with his Legos, which results in me building and him waiting somewhat patiently.  This is was our creation (with instructions of course)!!!
 Sandbox fun….
Until next time…..

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...