Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Open House, Nerd Moments, and Baby #1

I love Ford’s new school.  I am not big on change.  Change gives me anxiety, reasons to worry, and fear of the unknown.  But this school year has proved to be the best yet.  I can be a hard critic when it comes to the educational process since that is my major.  I want my kids to be busy, challenged, and loved, and I know that he is getting that this year. 

Last night was open house at his school.  I was like a little kid at Christmas all day.  I was so excited to go and see all he had been working on that I could hardly stand it.  I got the boys bathed and ready and grabbed my camera.  Yep, I took my big camera and embarrassed the husband.  He asked me several times to put it away, but I couldn't miss a bloagable moment!!!!

Ford said this was his “football player”.  (We found him in the hall).
Yes, my 4 year old is in 3K.  In case you missed that blog, we held Ford back and I am so glad we did.  Yes, he’s super smart, but that has nothing to do with it.  He will be a whole year older when he graduates from high school which gives me a sense of peace about his decision making process at college!!!
 They study units each week at school.  One week we were asked to send pictures for their “Family” unit.  I was so pleased with the family tree that Ford made.  We got to bring it home.  I just might hang it up in my house!!!
 Peek-A-Boo…. There’s Bitty!!!!
 Ford is the “flag holder” this week!!!!
 We love Mrs. Laura and Mrs. Kristy.
So open house was all I hoped it would be and more!!!! 

I get “ideas” in my head that I think I “need” to do, and by golly I do them.  Monday I decided I needed to sew.  If you will please remember I CAN’T sew, but I THINK I can.  I like a good deal.  I like a bargain, and when I see one it’s hard for me to turn down.  Last year I found a lot of fleece blankets on sale at Wal-Mart and I bought several.  I found them while I was cleaning a closet, and thought Ford and John Brantley needed an initial quilt for the farm.  Therefore, I got busy.  
 I used regular white copy paper and traced bubble letters.  I cut the bubble letters out and pinned them on the blue fabric.  I cut out the letters in the blue fabric.  I sewed that on the lime green fabric, cut it out, and sewed it on the blanket.  Yes, it looks like a blind woman sewed them, but I am pleased!!!!
 Oh yes, and Ford was mad that he didn't get a “big” F.  Go figure!!!! 
 Ford did a little painting yesterday too.  I have a future Picasso on my hands!
I have nerd moments throughout the day.  This afternoon Ford and I counted all of his “paper money” in his wallet and piggy bank.  While doing so he decided that we needed to go smash some pennies on the railroad tracks.  I agreed that it was a fine idea so we gathered our supplies.  While gathering I decided that “dimes” would be a better idea since he is studying the letter “D” at school.  And then another light bulb went off…. We would smash enough “dimes” for everyone in his class.  He agreed that it was a fabulous idea to go along with the letter D, so we set out….  
 It was only 95 degrees today…. No Biggie.  Even though we live right by the RR tracks I couldn't fathom the thought of carrying John Brantley so we took the wagon.   
 You must always look for trains before you begin a project as serious and intense as this.     
 Duct Tape…. I do love that stuff!!!!     
 These are my sweet babies that I held a little tighter today.  This was my due date 5 years ago with Baby #1.  That baby was only in my belly for a short time, but Trey and I loved that baby.  I was fortunate enough to hear the heart beat and see him/her on an ultra sound.  God had other plans for our first child and for that reason I have peace that my baby is in Heaven.  Thankfully, I was able to have two healthy children and for that I am eternally grateful.  Losing a baby is a difficult battle to go through.  I know several of my blog readers have lost a baby too.  Only if you have experienced a loss like that would you understand.  Happy 5th Birthday to my Baby #1!!!!


1 comment:

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

Happy 5th Birthday Baby #1! Glad you had those two monkeys to keep a smile on your face!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...