Friday, August 16, 2013

A life sized mouse

It’s really hard for me just to sit at home with nothing to do.  I dream up errands, projects, or chores to do.  I especially love a field trip.  We are always up for a good time.  Since school is starting back that means everyone gets super busy.  We don’t get to spend as much time with our cousins when school is in session so we have to seize every opportunity for a play date when possible.  Ashley, my sister in law, and I planned a trip to none other than, Chuck E Cheese.  
It’s a pretty safe and low key place to go during the week.  I’m not near brave enough to take it on during the weekend.  I spent a total of $7.00 in there and my boys had a blast.  
 I had to make Ford to take a picture with Molly Cate.  He was more interested in driving the train. 
 No tokens required when Bitty is driving.  As long as he has a steering wheel and a gear shift he is Good To Go!!!
 John Brantley had never seen a life sized mouse before and was completely unsure about getting too close.
 My $7.00 got us 2 tiny packs of nerds and 3 tiny packs of smarties.  Fortunately, Ford has never looked above the glass cabinet full of pencils, erasers, candy, and bookmarks to notice the real prizes up above.  You’ve got to have a lot more than 130 tickets to buy one of those prizes.  They were thrilled with their candy and I even convinced Ford to share with his brother.  That’s big time!!!
 John Brantley takes candy very seriously.
 We have a cute store in Mayberry called “Miller Station”.  It’s a precious store that rents out spaces to various vendors with unique gifts at reasonable prices.  I bought Ford a red stool several months back at Miller Station.  I was tired of him climbing on things when he couldn't reach them.  John Brantley has taken a liking to the little red stool we keep in the bathroom, so I decided he needed a stool himself.  I remembered seeing a blue stool at the store so I went back to get it.  The sweet owner gave me the blue stool for free and also painted on them for free too!!!!!  She made my day!  I thought that was extremely thoughtful of her when she definitely didn't have to do that for my boys.
 Bitty has been getting beaten up lately.  He hit his head on the floor at my parents’ house and got a goose egg and a lovely bruise.  Then two days ago we were playing outside and he fell off of Ford’s tractor.  When he fell he hit the carport mouth first.  Now he has a fat lip.  Poor child!! =(
 I have been so pleased with Ford’s new school and the smooth transition of moving there.  He is excited to go to school every morning and always tells me he had a great day.  Now getting details about the day out of him is a rather difficult task.  He isn't willing to tell me that he did very much.  I usually hear how cool the boys’ bathroom is and that he washed his hands 4 times.  Or he tells me who he played with, what he ate for snack, and that they aren't supposed to turn flips on the carpet because they might kick their friends!  Today, being Friday, I got his folder with all of his work inside.  I think I smiled from ear to ear the entire time.  I bragged on him and really felt his muscles about how hard he had worked.  They had done a lot of art projects involving the skills they were working on that week.  There were even 3 pictures in his folder….
I am so glad we chose to hold Ford back.  I love having him home with me two days a week and getting to spend extra time with him.  Last night as we were lying in bed saying our prayers and discussing the day he said, “I’m glad God gave me a momma.  I’m glad God gave me you!”  Can we say, Melt My Heart!!!  He is the sweetest child and I am so glad God gave him to me!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...