Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Creek in Greene County

Several weeks ago my cousin invited my crew to join her family down in south Mississippi at their camp.  Trey couldn't take off of work and go, but I said that the boys and I were in for the trip.  Now in true Jill fashion I began to worry and plan things out in my head.  Could I make this 5 hour trip alone?  Would John Brantley cry?  Would the boys nap?  When and where would we eat?  You get my drift, right?  Finally I convinced myself that it was doable and we’d break the trip up into two parts.

We pulled out Sunday morning at 8:40 headed south to Jackson.  I fed John Brantley before we left and he slept the entire way down.  We made record time and pulled up at Puddin’s house at 10:45.  We played there a bit then went to Newk’s for lunch.  After lunch we hit up the Barnes and Noble bookstore and then back to Puddin’s to feed Bitty.  By this time it was 12:45 and John Brantley was good and tired.  We headed south towards Greene county.

When we went through Magee, MS, John Brantley woke up at a stop light and didn't sleep again.  By the time we got to the camp at 3:30ish we were all about crazy.  I had threatened to put Ford out on the side of interstate 98 if he didn't STOP talking!!!!

THE CAMP….
Now I’ll admit I’m a lot more “city” than my cousin is.  I tried to tone down my large duffle bag of bathroom accessories, but that wasn't happening.  I still had to wear make-up at the camp and use some of my products.  You just can’t shampoo this hair and let it air dry.  No way!  Now How!

We suited up and headed to “the creek”.  Now I do love a creek.  I prefer the type of water that you can see critters in before I stick my toes in there.  This creek was nice and clear and I could see everything.  
 For his birthday, Ford got a fishing pole from my grandparents.  I can kill a deer, but I don’t know squat diddly about fishing.  Fortunately, my cousin, Maria, has two big boys, Collin-13 and Grant- 11.  They know about fishing and were able to help Ford with this mission.
On his second round of fishing he finally caught one.  Maria’s husband, Joey, said that Ford was so excited about that fish that people in the next county could hear him yelling.  I had to convince Ford to let the fish swim back with his friends.  Ford claims he caught 6 fish.  I think it was more like 4.  He thinks he is a master fisherman now!
 Writing their name in mud on their bellies….
 Bitty was ALL about the creek and sandbar.  He played so hard and had a large time.
John Brantley drank all of Maria’s waters.
 I had to take a picture of John Brantley pretty quickly with his hat on because it didn't last long.  He wasn't fond of the head gear and promptly ripped it off.
Yes, Ford has taken swimming lessons the last 3 years, but I wasn't about to let him swim down in that creek without a floatation device.    
We had such a good time at the camp.  Ford asked me if he could live there and then invited himself back next summer.  I hope we can go again in the future and make some more special memories.  Thank you again for having us!!!





No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...