Saturday, June 29, 2013

Bit the dust

I am a creature of habit.  I am very predictable.  I don’t like change.  I prefer for things to run smoothly, stay the same way, nothing too exciting to happen, and things to just be normal.  I would not put myself in the spontaneous category because that takes away from my Type A planning mode. 

On Thursday I experienced change.  My washing machine bit the dust and low and behold I needed a new one.  Fancy was in Jackson since the governor had called a special session.  I called him in a small panic that my washer was dead.  He was eating, of course, and said we’d talk about it later.  Negative, we would not talk about it later.  I don’t see how people back in the day lived without a washer.  I run mine 2-4 times a day and I needed a washer pronto. 

After Bitty’s nap I went to a local store to check out the washers.  I had big plans to buy the exact washer I had, a Maytag, but they didn't have mine.  Of course not… mine was 8 years old.  I DO NOT like making big decisions without Trey.  He is very thorough.  He reads everything, touches it, knocks on it, asks questions etc.  I didn't have time for all of that.  Ford was pushing Bitty around the store in his stroller like a wild Indian and when he wasn't doing that he was touching everything and Bitty was yelling. 

Being old school, I didn't get a fancy pants front loader.  I went with the basic, white, top loader.  I’m plain like that.  I got it home and I decided I did NOT love it.  Who knew I had to buy special “he” detergent.  Ughhhh!!!!!!!!  Change and Jill Lamar don’t mesh well.  I will live though!
 BIG NEWS!!!!  BIG NEWS!!!  This must be documented for June 25, 2013 marks a special occasion…. Bitty slept through the night.  And he has done so every night since.  It wouldn't be such a big deal, but for the past 12.5 months he HASN'T slept through the night.  We have done MANY hours of late night rocking, humming, feeding, and cuddling.  I love him and that special time, but my sleep is very important to me!  VERY!
 I think my kids are adorable; I’m not going to lie.  I do!!!  And when I dress them in matching pajamas it turns their adorableness up a bunch of notches!!!
 When I take Ford shopping with me my Wal-Mart bill automatically increases with unnecessary items that the child insists that he “needs”.  Trey needed some Round Up and I kept forgetting to buy it because I am bad not to make a list.  Therefore, that makes me have to make special trips to Wal-Mart to buy the junk I forget.  I brought my trusty side kick with me and when we hit the Garden center section of the store he found them: Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck yard gloves!  Yep, you guessed it.  He HAD TO have them.  He NEEDED them, bad!!!  I am a sucker and I thought $2.97 was doable so we got them.  They have been a big hit around here too.  He slept in them last Sunday night!  It’s the little things in life you know!
 We have a lot of “family fun day” time in the bed.  Ford likes to get in either my bed or his bed and play.  Usually we do this before naps or before bed time.  When we have family fun day Bitty tends to lunge at us and bite.  We are having a hard time with him and his biting.  The word “NO” means nothing to him.  He has got to know it means NOT to do something because he hears it about 1,000 times a day.  I don’t think he gives a flying flip.  You can yell, spank, growl, pop, or whatever to him and he keeps biting.  IT HURTS!
 Doing a little yard work….
 My sweet babies picking up sticks so Trey could mow.

1 comment:

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

matching jammies always take the cuteness up a notch at my house too!! and i'm ALL about old school washer and dryers. the new fancy ones scare me!!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...