Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Bitty's Party

I planned and stressed about Ford’s party from mid-March until party day and then I was over birthday party planning.  I kind of put John Brantley’s on the backburner and decided I’d “get to it later”.  Well, later came and it was time to begin the preparations for Bitty’s big day. 

I decided this party would be smaller, Ford had over 30 children at his, and I would do it at our house.  For some stupid reason I got in my head that I needed to clean all rooms from top to bottom.  I cleaned base boards, windows, blinds, spider webs, dusted, mopped, vacuumed, scrubbed…scrubbed…scrubbed until I felt like a bottle of bleach.  When I get in one of these modes/moods you’d better just let me finish what I’m doing and leave me alone.  Now this major cleaning spree went on for about 4-5 days.  On Friday I was really in the zone and even recruited some child labor.  
 I decided to have the party around John Brantley’s nap schedule, and earlier in the day so it wouldn't ruin everyone’s entire day.  There isn't a lot that goes on at a one year old birthday party so I opted for a 10:30-12:00 time frame.

John Brantley doesn't even watch TV, but we went with a Sesame Street theme just for the fun of it!  I feel like the cake is the central part of the party and I spent several hours searching on google for just the perfect cakes.
John Brantley’s very own smash cake
 For years now Trey has complained about the hideous pictures in our dining room.  Honestly, I think they are ugly too, but I've never bothered to do anything about them because they don’t bother me that much.  I decided to put Elmo over them for the big day!
 Our neighbors, Jill, Petyon, and Micah
 Bobba giving John Brantley a bite
 John Brantley and Rowland
 Rowland and his Mommy, Betsy
 The cousins
 Miss Taylor and John Brantley.  Taylor is such a good friend.  Well, Aunt Taylor… she got aunt status when she took off of work and drove to Memphis on the day I had John Brantley.  She’s always up for a trip to hang out at the Lamar Inn and Suites in Mayberry!!!
 Bitty and Aunt Ashley
 Sidney Kate and Bailey
 Gaines
 This child LOVES a water bottle.
 BoomPa and Gran with Bitty
 Puddin and Pops with Bitty
 It’s Happy Birthday time….
 Presents…
This child has brought so much joy and love into our house that’s it’s hard to remember life before Bitty.  We all love him very much and are thankful he is ours.
(His real birthday is June 13….One year old sappy blog to come….)

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...