Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Mask

This momma doesn't get out of the house a whole lot other than the grocery store or a few around town errands.  Last week Trey told me that some friends had invited us to a formal Mardi Gras party in Hernando.  A Mardi Gras party sounds lots of fun, but throw that cute little word “formal” in there and the fun in g-o-n-e!!!  I don’t have formal attire.  All that did was send me into a panic stress mode.  I went through my closet and pulled out all of my long dresses and they screamed “BRIDESMAID DRESS!!!”  Then when you factor in that I have had two children and my body has completely changed and shaken up, nothing was working out for me.  I borrowed some stuff from people in town to try and it just wasn't happening.  Finally I found a dress from my cousin and with some tweaking it worked. 

 The couple that invited us asked if we had gotten our “masks” yet.  I told Trey that the whole “mask” deal goobed me out and I wasn't wearing one.  But the mask is really a big deal, so I learned, at this function.  Well, I guess after living with me all these years I am starting to rub off on Trey and he actually wanted to make our own masks.  No, we didn't make Mardi Gras masks, instead we blew up pictures of his friend that we went with and those were “our masks.”

His wife thought it was fabulous and she jumped in the picture with us!!!
We decided not to bring them inside the party so we grabbed some lovely party favor masks at the door.  Needless to say, I didn't wear this thing any longer than it took to take this picture! 


 The absolute HIGHLIGHT of my night was the PHOTO BOOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Ohhh it was great!!!  Going in there once wasn't enough; I made Trey go back for round two.  Will someone please buy me a photo booth for my birthday with a box of dress up attire????
We got home late and after 4 hours of sleep John Brantley woke up to eat and cuddle.  I felt like I would die!!!  I require about 8 hours of sleep and 4 just wasn't working.  Fortunately, he went back to sleep for another hour and a half.  We had a good time and enjoyed a night out and about!

1 comment:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...