Friday, January 4, 2013

Bucking Bronco

New year.  New things to come.
 
Already this year (in the 4 days it’s been 2012) John Brantley has gotten another tooth and learned to sit up on his own.  Two nights ago we had some special bonding time at 3:30.  He gets a little lonely in there and knows his momma will come give him some much needed attention.  I walked in and knew he had messed up his diaper.  This has been an ongoing thing for about 5 days now.  At first I thought he had a bug, but then decided it was his teeth.  After a diaper change and a failed attempt at feeding him we rocked, held hands, and smiled at each other.  I then stuck my finger in his mouth to find the new friend right next to the other bottom one.  I gave that little booger a kiss and put him right back in the bed!!!  He’s almost ready for a steak!
Ford keeps reminding me how sad he is that Christmas is over.  I am sad too for that matter, but I told him that there are plenty of other fun holidays we can celebrate.  I don’t think he was feeling it.  On New Year’s Eve I told him tomorrow was a BIG day.  I said it’s going to be a new year, 2013.  I said you will be 4 in 2013.  So what do you know, on New Year’s Day he wakes up all excited and asked me if he was 4 now!!!

I am clearly over this cold weather.  Anything below 50 is just too cold for me.  Ford has cabin fever and desperately wants to ride his new 4-wheeler.  His Christmas break is a total of 21 days… that’s a long time, people.  I am running out of ideas.
Eating Oreos….
Painting a tractor…
Today we went on a field trip to Oxford.  For the past 3 months my grandfather hasn’t been doing too well.  Old age is setting in and my grandmother wasn't able to care for him anymore.  He is now staying at the Veterans Hospital in Oxford.  We went to see him today.  I think all the wildness might have been a bit much for an 88 year old man.
John Brantley is buck wild.  Literally.  I don’t have to join a gym for 2013 weight loss goals.  All I need to do is “attempt” to dress him or change his diaper.  He is like a bucking bronco.  It definitely doesn’t help that cutting new teeth is making him have nasty diapers.  Trying to keep him still is impossible.  I am sweating after we are finished!
\
I am so fortunate that my boys love each other and like to play.  It helps when I am trying to do stuff like cook.




1 comment:

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

Is his hair turning blonde?! They are such cuties!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...