Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Much Needed Field Trip

So as you know John Brantley got sick on Monday so we have pretty much been on house arrest since his fever keeps coming and going.  Gran and BoomPa came down on Tuesday so I could run some errands and today we took a field trip.  Bitty didn't have fever before or after his morning nap so I took that as God’s sign to get out of the house.

Our first stop was Comcast.  We needed one of those boxes you attach to your TV to make it work.  Well, when we walked in there was a policeman standing there.  Ford doesn't really know how to whisper when he is meaning to talk to just me and he sort of yells, “Momma, why does he have a gun?”  Well, the entire store heard him.  I just laughed and said he is a policeman.  Ford then says, “Well, he’s not going hunting right now.”  The police officer started laughing and turned around.  He said, “I have a gun in case I need to go hunting.”  Ford said, “Are you going to shoot a raccoon?”  They chatted some more and I think Ford entertained the entire store.

After we left Comcast we made a stop by Chuck E Cheese.

Would you please notice the brown belt around Ford’s waist.  Ford doesn't have a belt and has asked me to buy him one several times.  Last weekend he spent the night with Puddin and Pops and got one of Puddin’s belts.  He thinks he is hot stuff in her belt and insists on wearing it everywhere!!!!!!

 The beauty of Chuck E Cheese is that it’s free to get in and Ford honestly doesn't even know if he has put a token in the riding games or not.  I bought $10.00 worth of tokens and I bet I spent $5.00 trying to win him tickets.  We stayed about 45 minutes and left with some candy in tow and he was one happy camper!
 The other day I was changing John Brantley’s diaper and Ford came in his room and said, “Momma, do you know why I’m not minding?”  I said, “No.  Why?”  He said, “Because I don’t have a sister.”

Things fascinate Ford.  I saw him opening and closing the refrigerator the other day.  I said, “Close the door you are letting all the cold air out.”  He would slowly close it.  Then he’d open it a tiny bit.  Finally I asked him what in the world was he doing.  He said, “I’m trying to see if the light stays on.”  He was amazed with the refrigerator light!

Ford is a very loving child.  He loves hugs, kisses, and cuddle time.  He constantly asks me to hold him, cuddle with him, or love on him.  When I was a little girl my mom and I used to have a saying and now Ford and I do… We say, “I love you as much as the whole world and back again!”

Ford constantly makes up new words…. He gets that from me.  I make up words and names for stuff.  He loves to say “pom pom” about stuff and “dibby bomitt”  I don’t know what those mean, but they are Ford originals.

He had on a pull over the other day and was hot.  He came to me in a panic and said, “Take off my lifesaver, please!”
 John Brantley is pretty much sleeping through the night.  Now the last few days he has been kind of off due to his sickness though.

He is crawling like a pro and pulling up and stuff.  He loves food and if I am holding him while I’m eating he will try to open my mouth to get my food out!

He got off schedule today due to our field trip to Chuck E Cheese and tonight wasn’t glamorous!  
 On my last blog post I wrote about my trip taking John Brantley to the doctor.  I apparently offended someone based on the comment that was left on my blog.  To whom ever you are anonymous commenter I am sorry you feel as if I am critical of nurses and health care professionals.  I don’t know who you are since you didn't leave your name, but I wasn't in any form or fashion blaming the doctor or nurses.  As a mother it is very upsetting to see your child sick and miserable.  When I was told he had a virus I was not upset with the doctor.  I was upset that “I” didn't know what to do for my sick child.

Now I have toyed around with the idea of making my blog private because of the negative comment I received.  Trey thinks it would be a good idea and to some degree I do as well.  Then again I know there are a lot of people who enjoy reading my blog and seeing pictures of my boys so at the time I am still leaving it open to the public.

However, I need for everyone to understand that this is MY blog.  I am the only person who ever writes on this.  No one is responsible for the content except for me.  I like to blog because I want to have good documentation of our children and family life through the years.  It is never my intention to upset anyone, make fun of anyone, or hurts anyone’s feelings.  If my style of writing is upsetting or offensive to you I encourage you to stop reading about us. 

All of the positive feedback I receive from people is the only reason I am keeping it public at this time…  It’s because of these two that I am a blogger.

5 comments:

B said...

Don't let the crazy commenter get to you..some people just like to stir things up. And I'm just a friend of a friend, but love reading your blog...and I have a little boy about the same age as Ford.

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

I've gotten a few crazy comments over the past couple of years. It's strange, but it's YOUR blog, so write exactly what you want, & know that 99.9% of us love it! I am really impressed that yall left Chuck E Cheese after 45 minutes. That would have been the melt down of the year for us;)

Meg said...

Amen!! And LOVE the belt!!!!

The Booth Family said...

Jill,
I completely understand wanting your blog to be private. I do not know you but have left a comment b/f that we have a mutual friend from Ms. I Love this blog and love the way you write. I check it daily, it cracks me up. Today I laughed out loud at Ford and the belt. That kid is Great!
Seriously if we lived in the same town, we would have to hand out.
Anyway, this is an awesome way to document the kids as they grow.
My bog is boothfamilythree.blogspot.com
Not as entertaining, but I started blogging for they same reason... my little man!

Felicia said...

Keep this blog going. I feel like its a weekly girl date, when I get to sit down and catch up with what is going on in Tobi-Town.

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...