Saturday, September 1, 2012

Attempting to "chill out"

It’s almost been a week since my last post.  Last time I wrote about me being unable to rest because I create all these things I think I need to do in my head.  I enjoyed the comments and I made a conscience effort this week to “chill out” (I hate that term).  My house has been messier than normal and I even started reading a book!  Anyone who knows me well understands that I have never liked reading (wish I did) and the fact that I am reading a book is bizarre.  I recorded a 20/20 on Jaycee Dugard last week and watched it one night when Trey went to a ballgame.  I love people.  I love to learn about people and their lives.  I could watch E! True Hollywood stories all day.  After I watched the documentary on Jaycee I knew I had to read her book.  I started on it yesterday during naptime and have read it every time I fed John Brantley.  It looks like I’ll be done with the 300 page book by tomorrow. 
I have been working on John Brantley’s quilt.  I got to a point this week where I had to stop.  I am going to have to go to Cotton Treasure’s and seek guidance on the next step.  I have to wait until Gran can come and keep the boys so I can go sew. 


 
Evidence that I have “let some stuff go” this week.  I looked at this mess, turned around, and went to bed!!! 
 
JB looks like an old man…. 11 weeks old… first time in his bumbo seat. 
 
Ford is picking me flowers.  I guess his nose itched in this one! 
 
BUBBLES! 
 
Would you get a load of that belly!!!!! 
 
Ford is always in John Brantley’s business and John Brantley always has his hands in his mouth! 


 
I went to the Dollar Tree today.  Do you know that store has some good junk!  I could literally spend $100.00 in there without batting an eye.  I almost had a moment when I was in there too.  They have a little section with teacher stuff and school supplies.  It was literally all I had no to start grabbing desk name tags, cute pencils, erasers, markers, stickers etc. for my classroom.  I got sad.  I LOVE staying home with my boys, but I miss teaching so much.  I ended up getting some counting squares to practice with Ford and I also purchased him this fantabulous sucker!    
 
The little guy always flops over. 
 
Ohhh and today started most every woman’s nightmare.  Today was opening day (or I think it was) of dove season.  This means that my husband will become one with nature for the rest of 2012.  He was gone for a total of 9 hours today out in a field trying to get some doves.  He wasn’t gone for 9 hours straight, but I made sure to total it up.  If he is gone too long we go stalk him out.  Yep, we loaded up and went to the dove field. 



 
It was as hot as blue blazes out there.  John Brantley started sweating like it was nobody’s business and Ford ran into some sticker bushes so we left.

The windblown look is very becoming on me isn’t it!!??
 
Tonight was the Ole Miss Rebels first game.  The boys decided to show their school spirit…. 

 
I do love some comparison pictures….  The first two are John Brantley and the last two are Ford.  They have on the same jersey and both are opening day of dove season and Ole Miss’s first football game.  Again, I think they look alike. 




Thanks for all who commented on my last blog…. I love to read your comments and get excited to see comments from people I don’t even know!

2 comments:

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

They are too cute! I had on my "Louie" shirt today too!

Brittany said...

Ummmmmm I recored that 20/20 too. I was watching it while I was up at sometime feeding Rhodes. Next morning Jm was like what the heck were you watching I kept hearing something about kidnapping, blah blah. Anyway, I am dying to read that book!!!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...