Friday, August 3, 2012

About the boys

John Brantley turned 7 weeks on Wednesday.  It’s hard to believe he is 7 weeks old, and then again it seems like forever ago that we went to the hospital early in the A.M. on June 13th.  He really is such a sweet baby.  Yes, he can be fussy when he is tired or hungry, but hey so can I.  Both of my boys have sensitive stomachs therefore I have to be really careful what I eat so that I don’t cause J.B. any pain.


In the past three weeks he has learned some more tricks since I posted about him being 4 weeks old.  He has rolled over several more times; he has slept thru the night TWICE!!!  Now this is a BIG deal I must say, but on night #2 I wasn’t so pleased.  Yes, he slept thru the night, but my 5:00 wakeup call wasn’t glamorous.  He was TICKED off and hungry and decided he wasn’t going back to bed.  Well, I really wanted to go back to bed, but that wasn’t in his daily agenda.  Therefore, I was up unloading the dishwasher, folding laundry, and writing thank you notes before the sun even said good morning.  He was back down for a nap at 7:30 when Ford woke up, so we got some much needed one on one time.  John Brantley has developed a cute little personality.  He squeals, coos, and smiles a lot now.  He really studies you and watches what you do.  He loves Ford.  Ford loves him.  It’s a good situation.  Ford sits on the floor and talks to him, sings, and rubs him while he coos from his nap nanny.  He has a cute little dimple in his right cheek that he likes to show off to anyone who is willing to make him smile.  I have two of the sweetest boys God ever created!!!



Ford is such a funny little thing.  You honestly never know what the child might say.  Sometimes it can be frightening.  When we got back from vacation Puddin was sick.  She had laryngitis which deeply concerned Ford.  We were at their house Sunday night and he was talking to Puddin.  The conversation went like this…

Ford: “Puddin, you sure are talking quiet.”
Me: “Ford, she lost her voice.”
Ford: “Puddin, I will help you find it.  Maybe you lost it at my house!”
Another conversation…
Ford: “Momma, why doesn’t our house have ears?”
Me: “Our house isn’t alive.  Things that are alive need ears to hear.  Our house doesn’t need ears.”
Ford: “Well, the house on Mickey Mouse Club House has ears.”
Me: “Well, that’s not a real house.  It’s a cartoon.”
The other night Ford and I were lying in his bed.  We had said our prayers and I was about to leave his bedroom.  He said, “Momma, when is the pappy fairy coming?”  I told him she would come soon.  “Momma, which door is she coming thru?”  I said she flies so I don’t know how she will get in the house.  “Momma, what kind of car does the pappy fairy drive?”  I told him she didn’t need a car.  The next thing I know he took his pappies and hid them under the covers.  I asked what he was doing then I said, are you hiding them from the fairy?  He said yes.  I started laughing and he got mad at me!!!
Last night Ford and I went swimming in our clothes!!!!  It was so fun to be able to get outside and play with him.  I think he really needed this time with his momma!







Last night was the FIRST night that Ford slept without a pappy.  When we got in bed he said he needed something to put in his mouth.  I told him I don’t sleep with anything in my mouth and I offered him some of my chap stick instead.  He got some and then said he wanted one of Toto’s pappies.  I told him no they were baby pappies.  He then decided that his stomach hurt and he needed to go to the bathroom. We went in there and he goofed around.  I went back and put him in bed and he LOST IT.  He started screaming, “Don’t leave me alone in here!”  I was tired and called in reinforcements.  Trey was exhausted because he had been at the Neshoba County Fair (see all his fancy representative friends!!)
and I knew that he would lie down with Ford and he did.  We successfully made it thru night #1.  Now he is down for his first nap… we shall see how that goes too.
My cousin, Leslie, came to stay for two nights with us.  She was so sweet and a huge help rocking John Brantley or entertaining Ford.  Thanks Leslie!!!

John Brantley had his first fingernail clipping today by Amy!!!  I am too scared to cut a baby’s nails. 

2 comments:

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

He is ADORABLE!!! And Ford is hilarious:)

heatherstockett said...

Precious boys! I won't cut baby finger nails either ;)

Ford is too funny!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...