Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Special Celebration

Let me start off by saying this is my 300th blog post.  For anyone who has actually read all 300 of them, Bless You!
Yesterday was a special day for my family.  We celebrated my grandparents’ 60th wedding anniversary.  Technically their anniversary isn’t until June 14th, but my mom scheduled it earlier in the month due to busy schedules and with high hopes that I could attend the function as well.
When I first asked my doctor about making this trip to Jackson, MS, she said we would discuss it later.  When later came she told me she didn’t want me to go to Jackson.  Last Thursday when I went to the doctor I inquired about the trip again and she said no.  I am not one to argue back with people, other than Trey, but I told her it was very important that I go to this luncheon.  I pleaded that unless she seriously thought I was going to go into labor in the next two days I really wanted to go.  I insisted that I would rest more on the 150 mile ride down south than I would at home.  I then proceeded to tell her ALL that I have been doing in my crazy nesting time at my house and she said “GO!”  And that I did… I went to Jackson and came back in the same day.   

Happy Anniversary to my wonderful grandparents!!! 



 
The entire family was able to come.  It was such a special day! 
 
Ford and Jack 
 
Ford and his namesake.  Naturally Ford was being hardheaded and wouldn’t cooperate for my picture.    
 
The children could only sit at the formal dining table for so long until they had to get outside and play.      





 
Lamar party of 3…. We are ready for #4.  And I promise I really am that huge.  I know you feel sorry for me now!      

And the good advice that my Granddaddy gave to Trey was that the first 60 years of marriage are the hardest!!!!!      

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...