Sunday, March 11, 2012

A catch-up post

It’s been a while since I have blogged about my family and not products or being hacked.  Fortunately, the hackers didn’t get my blog.  That might have put me over the edge.  I am not sure these pregnancy hormones could have handled that too.
We have been busy around here as usual.  Last weekend we went to on Ole Miss basketball game.  Ford was really good.  He sat in my lap and concentrated hard on the black bear (ridiculous mascot) on the court and was highly interested in the cheerleaders’ belly buttons.  We have talked about them for a week now!!!

Trey and I made a flying trip to Jackson yesterday afternoon for a wedding and came back home this morning.  We discussed baby stuff (when he’d let me) on the way down there and back.  Neither one of us can “fully” agree on what to call Toto.  I finally told Trey that I am tired of people’s opinions.  I didn’t want to tell anyone anything anymore and whatever we decided they would need to accept.  The number one question I have been asked for the last two months from family, friends, and people at work is, “Does the baby have a name yet?”  As soon as I throw out some possibilities I start getting opinions.  I hear…. “Oh I love that one.” Or “I like this better than that.” Or “That names reminds me of _______, so don’t name him that.”  Or “My favorite is _________.”    I told Trey that we aren’t going to discuss names with anyone else and when we decide on one for sure THEN we will share the news.  On our journey home we came up with some new possibilities.  So sorry people, your input doesn’t count anymore. 
One night I heard Trey and Ford having a large time while they were bathing.  I went in to discover that I am not the only person in the house that loves a shower cap!
 
Ford’s favorite thing to wear; boots, blue jeans and his John Deere shirt
 
Applying a little make-up before school like Mommy. 

I have 14 more weeks until D- Day.  There is a lot to be done in 14 weeks.  Toto’s room is complete, construction wise and the baby bed is in there but other than the crib he doesn’t have much of a room.  I am getting new bedding and haven’t ordered that yet.  We also need to paint some furniture, get window treatments made and wash all the clothes.  I am sooo glad that Toto and Ford are born in the same season.  I honestly don’t have to buy this baby much at all.  We are also getting me a more family friendly car.  The Accord will have to go.  I am sad because I love my car, but I don’t think it’s feasible with two car seats.  
Ford and Daddy planting some trees on our property that we plan to build on one day. 


 
Ford’s crown, not to be confused with a hat, that he made at Sunday school.  He was proud to tell me that God made day and night. 


 
Pops really wanted to take Ford over to his friend’s house so he could ride the house-n-buggy and feed the donkey.  Ford was proud of his donkey feeding skills.


 
I honestly think our home renovations will never end.  We are redoing the back of our house now.  We are adding on to our porch, building an arbor and a patio.  Trey decided he needed to dig up some bushes and plant new ones today. 
 
An outfit for Toto

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...