Friday, October 14, 2011

Picking Pumpkins

Monday and Tuesday I had fall break from school.  Ahhhhhh how nice it was to be home for two days to sleep past 5:00, do some laundry, watch 5 seconds of the Today Show, play with Ford, and cook some real supper.  I could totally get used to working 3 days a week.  I even had some time to cook a new recipe which is a keeper.  I found it off of the pinterest website I have blogged about several times.  It says to cook it in a crock pot, which I did.  I had never (personally, myself) cooked in our crock pot so this was a big step for Jill Lamar.  I truly believe you could cook it another way… crock pot not needed.
CHICKEN SALSA
1 lb. chicken (I used boneless, skinless… and chopped it with my hand held chopper)
1 can cream of chicken
1 cup salsa
1 package taco seasoning
1 cup sour cream
1 can black beans (rinsed… I used half a can)
cheddar cheese
Put chicken, soup, and salsa in crock pot.  Sprinkle taco seasoning.  Cook 6 hours on low.  Stir in sour cream, black beans, and cheese and heat (I did this about the last 10 minutes).  I served it on top of rice.
We went to pick pumpkins again this year.  It amazes me how Ford’s little mind works.  My mom, Gran, was talking to Ford about pumpkins and he remembers where we put them at our house last year.  This time last year he wasn’t even 1 ½ years old.  My child literally forgets nothing.
Ford picked out his attire for the pumpkin picking….


 
We did a little tractor riding….
 
We got our red convertible from birthday #1 and strolled the neighborhood in style with our hats on backwards. 
 
Ate candy for no good reason at all…..
 
And cupcakes with cream filling inside…
 
When Ford gets bored he starts to get into all my stuff.  I decided he needed an extensive coloring project.  I went and got some brown wrapping paper and we traced his body.
 
And you can’t see it on the paper, but he had to color the “little man”.  It was a good idea for about 5 minutes. 

I am in the process of making Ford’s Halloween costume.  I wasn’t impressed with any I had been seeing.  None of them really screamed “FORD” to me.  I showed Trey my idea and he was skeptical.  I then reminded him of how much I spent on my materials and quickly told him I could go buy the $60.00 outfits I had seen.  I think he is going to help me complete “the costume”.
Pictures to come........

1 comment:

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

I can't wait to see his costume! I ordered Reid's last night.

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...