Sunday, June 5, 2011

Wildness and sickness

Since I last posted we have been very busy. But, what’s new!! The BIG news is…. Trey is unopposed in his election for State Representative which is a HUGE blessing and a lot of stress lifted off of our shoulders. So he will be in Jackson when the legislature is in session.
On Wednesday we went to a Memphis Redbirds game with our Sunday school class. Some parents decided not to bring their children, but we thought Ford should come to the big game. He was all over the place. He needed a monkey leash. It was a late night and we didn’t get home until close to 10:00.


 CHEESE
 Ford and his buddy, Cooper

 Ford and Mr. Bailey
 On Thursday I woke up about 8:00 and was shocked that Ford wasn’t up yet. I got up and did a few things and the next thing I knew it was 9:00 and still no sign of Ford. I went into his room to find him under his dog stuffed animal/blanket with a blood red face. When I picked him up he felt like he was 1,000 degrees. I called the doctor and waited on hold for about 15 minute before I got an appointment. I was sure it was an ear infection since we have them so often, but it turned out to be strep throat. You would never have thought he was sick based on how he acted Wednesday night at the game.

On the way home from the doctor



Watching a tractor show always helps when you are sick 
 And an early morning tractor ride helps too (before it gets too hot that is)


The doctor said he was clear to get around people after he had been on his antibiotic for 24 hours.  She gave us the green light to go to cousin Molly Cate’s 5th birthday party.  It was at Oh Susanna’s Donut Shop in Memphis.  The kids got to help make donuts. 

Ford and Gran.  You can see BoomPa and baby Jack in the background.

My sister in law made all the kids these cute aprons
 
Caroline and Molly Cate


Getting ready to decorate his donut
I enjoyed helping him decorate his donut.  It was a rather teachery kind of activity and that is right up my alley. 


What kid won’t eat a donut? FORD LAMAR



Taaa daaaa ... a cat donut
 The birthday girl
 Caroline

 He just poked at it
 We got to watch donuts being fried…. Low fat of course!!!!!!!


After the party we went to my parent’s house.  Ford was buck wild and a nap was not in his future.  Yesterday was the second time in his little life that he didn’t take a nap.  Trey and I went to a wedding in Tupelo last night. 

After church today we had the Wooten family reunion at Trey’s parent’s house.  Ford had a large time entertaining everyone. 

Ford and his Great Uncle Paul


We are already tired of this heat.  It’s breathtaking but not in a good way.  Gran, Ford, and I are going on a 3 day field trip to Jackson this week.  I am excited about the outing and who knows what we will get into down there….. 

1 comment:

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

Ashley is so dang crafty!! Yall probably have plenty planned, but if you happen to need something to do, call me! I should be around all week except for a couple Dr. appts. 601-405-5505:)

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...