Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Heat Is On

I am really enjoying my summer off from school. It’s extremely relaxing (minus the blazing heat) and I have had a lot of time to play with my little man. Last week was a nice week. We didn’t have a set agenda so we mostly just played. Here is a run down of what went on….
We played with our friend, Liza.


We went to play with Lucy, Ruth, (Lucy’s sister) and their friends.
 Lucy is the best babysitter.  Without her I would never be able to work out.  We love you, Lucy!!!!




We pulled all 1,000 of Daddy’s ties off of his tie rack, which was not pleasing to him when he returned home.  (For the record, I tried to put them back but as I have said before Trey is very meticulous and I didn’t have them organized by color exactly right).


We went swimming at the country club pool.


We put on Daddy’s boots.



We went to play in Germantown at Uncle Ken and Aunt Ashley’s house.




Aunt Ashley brought Molly Cate, Caroline, and baby Jack to swim one day at Puddin and Pop’s house.  Pops took a seat out of his car and they found it to be very entertaining. 

As some of you know from previous blog posts I have been learning to sew, if you will.  I made the pillow case and currently I am working on a quilt.  I completely understand why quilts are so expensive now.  They take FOREVER to make.  I had full intentions of posting my completed project when it was complete of course, but I will give you a sneak peak into my project….


I am making a jelly roll quilt. Basically it’s a roll with lots of strips of fabric.



You unravel the jelly roll and begin sewing the strips together like so…..

And then when they are ALL sewn together you get…. (someone is behind the quilt holding it up).

No, it’s not complete as I said.  I am getting a solid chocolate brown back put on my lovely jelly roll quilt which has to be done by a huge quilting machine.  She (my teacher) said I have about 3 more hours of work to do on it.  It’s going to be for my favorite little man, Ford.  Maybe one day he will appreciate my hard work.  I am not in the business of quilt making by any means.  She thought a quilt would be a good learning experience for me since you basically are just sewing straight lines.  I will let you see the finished project hopefully next week! 


Some stuff about the little man…


I will be the first to say that I know nothing about potty training. However, Ford constantly tells me that he needs clean pants or that his diaper needs to be changed. A few weeks ago I bought him a potty seat that attaches to our toilet. I thought the Sesame Street characters might entice him to use it. It didn’t. Sunday night we went to Germantown and my nieces both used the potty and my sister in-law put Ford up there and he went too. I was proud. I decided that every night I would put him on the potty before we took a bath. Tonight was night 3 and he has gone in it every time before his bath. He even told me one time before his bath he wanted to use the big boy potty and he did!


I bought Ford some Flintstone vitamins for good health of course. He really likes taking them in the morning. I tried one for old time sake and they are actually terribly disgusting. I gagged, but if they are enjoyable to him that is great!

Not much more exciting is shaking around here.  Until next time…..

4 comments:

heatherstockett said...

I agree about the heat!

Potty training...I think he's ready, especially if he's telling you he's needs to be changed. Sounds like you've made a good start :) Good luck!

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

Please write all your potty training tips on the blog!!! We are about ready to start with Maggie too! I keep putting it off...

Ashley said...

YEAH!! Finally caught up on all your summer blog posts!!! I'm so proud of Ford and his potty skills!

Margaret said...

I can't wait to see the finished quilt. I really need to get to work on Bailey's.

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...