Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Oh Happy Day

Oh Happy Day!!!!!  Well, we made it two complete years and are all still in one piece.  Ford turned two on Sunday, May 1st and we celebrated on Saturday with none other than a TRACTOR PARTY!

I gave Trey very small tasks for the big day.  #1 He was to find a big tractor that could sit at our house and #2 He needed to order the birthday present.  I told him I would handle the rest of the details.  Here is #1….





We live in the middle of Mayberry so I can’t even check my mail without the entire town knowing I am outside. I am sure they loved seeing this hunk of metal in my yard for 2 days.


 The cousins... Jack (3 months), Molly Cate (4), Ford (2), and Caroline (3)



The bouncy house that Ford had NOTHING to do with...  He was super excited to show it off to his guests but he wasn’t getting inside of it for anything.
 Cake
 Pops and BoomPa
 Aunt Jill and Baby Jack
 Some food
 And drinks


 Baby Jack and Aunt Ashley
 Gran and Baby Jack
 Ford and Molly Cate
 Jessica, Jackson, me, and Ford
 Singing "Happy Birthday"   (not sure how to rotate the picture)



 a tractor ride
 Pops, Ford, and Puddin
 BoomPa, Ford, and Gran

And #2 the birthday present. I think this is the best gift he has ever gotten. All last week I asked him what he wanted for his birthday and all he could say was “tractors” which comes out more like “tac-ters.”




 Mmmmmmmm cake

The party was a large success.  I am glad it’s over so I can relax and concentrate on concluding the rest of this school year.  We have a busy summer planned with vacations, weddings, reunions, and campaign stuff.  One reunion I won’t be going to is my ten year high school reunion because it got canceled.  I am so sad.  There wasn’t enough interest so maybe we can try for 15. 

This is another “Mother of the Year” deal here…. But today was the first morning and night that Ford didn’t have a bottle.  I know, I know, you are supposed to get rid of them at one, but he is my baby and I just had a hard time taking something so meaningful away from him.  I kept putting it off until age two, and well, we’re here.  It wasn’t a pretty sight or situation either this morning or tonight when he realized his only choice was a sippy cup.  Tonight was much worse.  It broke my heart, but I was strong, even when he cried… “Please momma.”  “I need bottle momma.”  “Need more milk.”  “Pretty please momma.”  …Along with HUGE crocodile  tears might I add.  I stood stood strong and we made it through one day.  Prays please… they are needed.

Maisey, Molly Cate, and Ford
 Caroline
 Jackson



 James
 Ford hugging his great grandmother, Bobba
 Ending the day on a great note... more tractors
Happy Birthday to my precious baby!  We love you Ford.

3 comments:

heatherstockett said...

Happy birthday, Ford! Looks like he had a great time.

My favorite pic is the one of you feeding him cake-so sweet.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

Ok I commented under my husbands name and then realized it so I deleted it!! What a wonderful party!! Happy Birthday little Ford!!!

And I cannot believe your classmates bailed on a reunion! Terrible!!!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...