Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hurry up Spring Break

This is what you get when you tell Ford to smile!!!!!!!  And yes, that is absolutely a bottle that you see in his hand. If you have forgotten I am up for “Mother of the Year.”

Now please bear with me throughout this blog.  You must remember that my computer has a virus and is still acting extremely peculiar. 

Ford needed a spatula to eat his muffin with yesterday morning. 
Photo shoot while watching Barney.  Barney is something I swore my child would never watch because he is the most annoying thing that has ever come along, but Ford really has a high regard for the purple dinosaur so I tolerate him. 
Ford will be getting a hair cut during my spring break.  That is high up on the agenda.  Trey has put his foot down for months about me cutting his hair.  He got butchered back in September and I haven’t been allowed to cut his locks since then.  I have been given permission to cut it this week. 
Tomorrow is day 28 since the pipe burst in our house.  We haven’t made tremendous progress on getting things back to normal, but it’s better than nothing.  We got new floors this week.  They still have to come back and sand them and put 2 coats of stain down.  We also need new baseboards and paint.  I hope that if nothing else I ever say sticks with you that you will at least remember to cover your outside water faucets each winter.  I think I may leave mine covered 12 months out of the year. 
Ford was sweeping
Taking his bath tonight
People always say that teachers have it made because we get so much time off during the year. I guess 2 months in the summer, a week at Thanksgiving, 2 weeks at Christmas, and a week at spring break is a perk to being a teacher. However, those breaks come after much hard work and dedication to the job. I think I would lose my mind if I didn’t have next week off. I am being serious. I am completely worn out and exhausted from wearing the many hats of a teacher. I am a nurse, counselor, police officer, drill sergeant, referee, maid, weather forecaster, hair dresser, snack vendor, ketchup opening, coat zipping, earring fixing, pencil sharpening, shoe tying, Neosporin and band-aid having, homework giving, kind of teacher. At the end of the day all I want to do is go to bed. I don’t want to talk anymore (which upsets Trey) I just want to lie down and go to bed.

Speaking of going to bed... Ford has been waking up in the middle of the night. This is something that happens about once or twice a week. It’s getting old. I have been so exhausted with school lately that I can’t even make myself get out of bed. I poke Trey and tell him to close the door and then we turn off the monitors. Again… “Mother of the Year.” Any advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

I am off to bed.... Until next time!

2 comments:

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

I admire you! You definitely have your hands full. While Reid was in the middle of teething with his 2 yr molars he was waking up in the middle of the night a few times a week. Do you think that could be it?

The Dimino's said...

I respect teachers so much!! I could never be one!!

Brady has been waking up between 4:30 and 5:30 every morning!! It is driving me nuts!! I don't know what is going on that he thinks he can wake up that early!!! He also wakes up in the middle of the night sometimes too! We just switched to a toddler bed and it is going pretty well! We put one of those locks on the door so he can't open it but we can.

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...