Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Nutshell PART 2

Please see yesterdays post to begin the journey through 2010 if you haven’t done so yet….

May

May was a big month at the Lamar household. Ford turned 1 on May 1. We had a lovely outside party planned, but Mother Nature had different plans and we moved the party inside.

His outfit we bought him
 His first car
 Cool stuff
 Molly Cate and Caroline came to celebrate
 Notice the rain outside

One thing I did that I won’t do again for a party is I made the cupcakes and the party favors.  No one raise your eyebrows in amazement, I am no Betty Crocker.  Puddin came over the night before the party and she tackled the cupcakes (I had never made any before) while I did the homemade sugar cookies (my dad calls them tea cakes).  Gran, Puddin, and I spent weeks looking for cute cookie cutters for these party favors which took me all night to roll the dough out and many of them broke.  Never again my friends.


 His bib
 Here comes the cake
 He wasn't so sure about the cake.  Ford is like his Momma; he doesn't like dirty hands.

 The end of his party
 Mowing the grass
 Water hose again

 Aunt Ashley made Ford's outfit
 Water mat from Gran and BoomPa

Ford loves his Pops… Here they are at Picwick Lake driving the boat

Puddin putting on his life jacket
 Riding a boat is hard work
June
 



Molly Cate turned 4 in June and had a baby doll birthday party. Ford was the only boy invited. One day he would really appreciate those odds.


 Ford and Gran

The little man at the Supreme Court building.  He was enjoying spending some time in Justice Puddin’s office.

 Justice Puddin and Ford


While in Jackson we stopped by to see my grandparents.  Ford and my grandmother



Ford and Granddaddy.  He is partly named after him.  The Jefferson comes from my grandfather.


The Anthony Family Reunion


Nanny, (my grandmother that died in August) Ford, and me at the reunion
 Swimming with Daddy
 FLORIDA- The annual Anthony Family Vacation




 This was a treat
 Parents night out with no kids
 This is one of my favorite pictures of us
 The clan
July

Gran, Ford, and I went to Tupelo one day to get his hands and feet made into a piece of pottery.  The process (Ford’s involvement) was super fast… about 30 seconds.  The finished product looks great and I am so glad we have it. 

 Popsicles


Making homemade ice cream with Pops


 Daddy dressed him

Trey and I went to Arkansas to stay at the Red Apple Inn for our 5 year anniversary


 On the lake
 Ford and his favorite babysitter, Lucy

I turned 28 and some friends had us over for supper… I even got a cake!
 Ford riding the lawnmover with BoomPa
 Floatie device

Jackson trip #2.  This time Puddin arranged a trip to paint.  I am no Picasso but it was big fun!


We laid some new sod this summer and I spent a lot of time dragging hoses around the yard.  Ford was a large help. 

Trey and several of his buddies have summer birthdays.  We went to celebrate one night.
.
 Look what he stole.........
 NOT happy
 Another birthday party... Ford loved this one


 Train ride
 I just had to...
August

School started back in August. And with a fresh new start to the school year I needed to get my hair done. I have joked before and said I am the president of the bad hair club. I am. I used to have extremely curly hair and now it is more of a kinky/frizz. I put numerous products in my hair each day to tame the mane. A friend of mine was asked to bring several friends up for a make-over and bless her dear soul I was one of the chosen ones.



 The group
 Struttin his stuff

Also in August I had a good friend to get married in Nashville.  Instead of a brides maid luncheon we had a manicure and pedicure party which was a fine idea if I don’t say so myself.  Who doesn’t love to get pampered a bit?  The bride and me getting our toes done. 
 After the rehearsal dinner

 Bridesmaids

 The reception was outside and some kind of hot

 Ford loves a juice box
 Driving Daddy's truck

Trey and I made a big purchase in August as well.  We bought 9 acres of land.  Trey wants land and I want neighbors.  We found a happy mix of the two and purchased this spot on the backside of the country club. 

 Bath time


Trey turned 30 in August.


 My little man



We will conclude out journey through 2010 tomorrow... 

2 comments:

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

The land is beautiful! When do yall plan to start building?

Ashley said...

Super fun! Makes you realize how fast a kid can grown in a year!!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...