Tuesday, August 3, 2010

No Before But Some After

So while I should be busy preparing my speech for meet the teacher tomorrow night, writing my lesson plans, working on the curriculum guide, or trying to learn all my new students’ names, I am blogging instead. Don’t get my wrong, I have been working on those things, but that fun can only last so long.



I convinced myself that all my faithful and not so faithful readers are just DYING to see how my hair turned out from my make-over, “if you will.” So last night all 6 of us loaded up and headed north to Memphis for our hair and make-up make-overs. I am a little perturbed that I didn’t take any before pictures, but I do have some after ones. We had a lot of fun being pampered and relaxing for a few hours while our hubby’s were at home with the kiddos.

So let's take a look at some of the lucky candidates….
And drum roll please… Not because of the beauty of the hair, but the fact that it is down!!!!!

And I know what your next question is…. Did you wear it like that to school today?? Heck no! It was right back in my signature pony tail.
 
The lady who worked on my hair had quite the challenge. I have been the president of the back hair club association for years now. I warned her that I DO NOT let people dry my hair. The last time I let someone style my hair I left looking like George Washington. So needless to say, I was a bit nervous. She also was kind enough to tell me that in order to get all the damaged hair off of my head she would need to cut about 8 inches. Ummmm no! I let her cut 2 and only 2. Damage you are wondering??? Yes, I have lots of damage and little Ford is to thank for that. Since I have given birth I have lost an incredible amount of hair. So I have a lot of new growth and broken hairs that this dear lady had to work with. I have considered buying a wig, but my ponytail will do for now.



Group Shot


And this just wouldn’t be a good blog entry without some pictures of the little monster himself…

Helping me cook

After he ate chocolate pudding... I added a ponytail since his Daddy won’t let me cut his hair

3 comments:

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

Your hair looks great! I also have some serious broken hair & new growth since having Reid. I can't wear my hair in certain ways anymore b/c I look like a crazy person!

heatherstockett said...

I LOVE your hair! It looks so pretty! I think I'm the VP of the hair back club ;) I know what you mean about "post baby" hair. I've been using Aquage shampoo and condition along with Moroccan Oil and can tell a HUGE difference in my hair. Even Mindy, my hair person, said she can tell my hair is a different texture with less damage and is tamer. Good luck at school!! I'm diggin' Ford's new do ;)

Kimberly Roberts Moore said...

Your hair is fabulous!! I forgot what mine looks like down and fixed. Its too dang hot to wear it down these days

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...