Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Comparing and Contrasting




I had a nice Mother’s Day last weekend. Being a mother now for a year really makes me appreciate my mother and other mothers much more. Being a mother is the hardest, yet most rewarding job a woman can have. I have a precious little boy that brings me joy each and every day. I also have a mother who has given me unconditional love and support all of my life. So thank you mom for being the best mother I could ever ask for and thank you Ford for letting me be your mother.

Comparing and Contrasting is a third grade skill that I teach. I like to explain this objective to my children and then give them some visual aids to help their little brains soak up the idea. Today you and I are going to compare and contrast.



As I have discussed before, Trey and I bought an older house in town that was built in either the late 30’s or early 40’s (I can’t remember). Some dear friends of ours in town bought our current house and completely did a HUGE face lift inside and out. I never had the privilege of seeing our house before the big flip and nearly bugged the lady to death for some pictures. Well, she brought them last weekend and I couldn’t believe the transformation. I am glad that the task wasn’t something that Trey and I had to undertake because one of us might be dead, but they really did a good job. We will only compare and contrast the outside of the house today. We may compare and contrast the inside on another post after I do some cleaning.













Now Trey and I can take credit for all the landscaping, the fence, and the addition to the storage room outside, but nothing to the inside. I am pretty sure the inside is much more drastic of a change than the outside. Maybe next time we can take a look inside and see. Until then…

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...