Monday, November 2, 2009

Trick-or-Treat


Halloween was a lot of fun. I had the cutest puppy dog on the block!!!! Trey never could understand why I wanted to dress Ford up. He kept telling me that Ford didn’t know what was going on and he couldn’t eat candy. He said this isn’t even about Ford it’s about you. It was about both of us. I wanted to dress my baby up for his first Halloween and I wanted people to Eeewwwwwww and Ahhhhh over his cuteness while he got to play dress up. We had a “win win” situation here! Since he has a 7:00 bedtime we didn’t get to do a lot of visiting. I ate all the candy he got and the cookies our dear friend, Meg, made us.



I am sure everyone enjoyed the time change. Nothing like getting that extra hour of sleep!!! Did you know that babies don’t know about time changes? They don’t care either. They are going to get up when they normally do. Lucky for Trey and me, Ford spent the night with Puddin and Pop!!!!! Sunday was a little tough trying to hold him off as long as possible to eat to get him on the new schedule. Hopefully by tomorrow we will be good to go.

This is what "bed head" looks like

I HATE peas, Momma

Trey and I had nursery duty on Sunday at church. We were assigned to keep the 2 and 3 year olds with another couple. Well, the other couple decided not to show up so the Lamars had to tackle the 5 kiddos alone. There were 4 little girls and one little boy. After being in the room about 2 minutes the little boy told me he needed to go to the bathroom. I put him in there and told him to tell me when he was finished. After a few minutes he starts yelling “I’m finished.” About that time Trey walks in and I told him he needed to go in there since it was a little boy. Several minutes later Trey comes out and said his work here was done and left me in there with all those ankle biters. Apparently the young tike had done more than tee tee and when Trey walked in there he had his rear in the air waiting for assistance with the wiping. I think Trey got more than he bargained for. Seriously though, he disappeared and I had to manage alone. I now know why I love older kids now. They can go potty alone!

Ford turned 6 months on Sunday. Ohhh how time flies. Today we had to go to the doctor to get his dreaded 6 months shots. My mother, Gran, went along for moral support. When it comes to shots I need all the help I can get. Ford seemed really excited about being in a new place. I was thinking… If you only knew what was about to happen, buddy. He was trying to help the doctor listen to his heart and look in his ears. He was flipping all over the table making the white paper crinkle. And then in comes the nurse with 4 needles. I am the biggest weenie you will ever meet when it comes to pain and I was scared for Ford. At first I didn’t think he was going to cry, oh but I was wrong. The first shot just took his breath away. Thank goodness for the emergency bottle I packed. He sucked it down and we popped the paci in his mouth and he was golden. This evening has been a little rough. We moved that 7:00 bedtime up to 6:30 tonight.

I have a great side dish for you. This is one of my mother in-laws recipes.

CORN AND GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE

1 can shoepeg corn- drained
1 can French style green beans- drained
1 8 oz sour cream
1 can cream of celery soup

Mix together. In a skillet melt some butter. Crumble Ritz crackers into the skillet and heat for a minute. Sprinkle the Ritz on top of the mixture. Pour into a square (small) casserole dish. Cook at 350 until bubbly.

We have a friend. It’s a chipmunk and it drives my dog crazy. He has been living around our house for a while now. Delta has just now started to take an interest in the little friend. She sits at our back door all day (when inside) and waits on him to run by. Ford LOVES Delta, however, Delta does not return the same feelings to Ford. Since Ford can crawl now he decided to join Delta at the door to look for the Chipmunk.

4 comments:

heatherstockett said...

Ford looked PRECIOUS!!! Love his costume! I would kill Adam if he left me in there alone. We've kept the 1 one year olds at Temple (more like 2 year olds) and the most we had was 7. But we had a lot of fun with them. And I love the chipmunk!

The Dimino's said...

Ford was such a cute puppy!!! I love the bed head look!!! To answer your questions about the smocked outfit: I WISH!!!! I always though about taking a class but never did!!! As of right now I buy all of his clothes!! I would like to start making some though!! I just need to learn how to sew!!!

Janice said...

Ford looks absolutely adorable in that costume!! Brad and I just signed up to help with the Nursery at Temple, and I could so see that same scenario playing out haha :)

Margaret said...

Ford was too precious in his costume! I'll have to try this recipe too.

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...