Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Ten Facts

Thank you, Heather (The Stockett Family), for nominating me to give all my blog readers ten facts about myself. This was actually kind of hard for me to do since I have started giving facts on “Take 5 Tuesday.” I came up with 10 new things that most people might not know about me. Enjoy!!!

TEN FACTS

1. I sleep with 4 pillows, a noise maker, and a stuffed animal. Yes, you read that right. I sleep with a purple dinosaur… it’s great. Oh and the closet doors must all be closed before I can go to sleep.
2. I have gone to the big house before. My junior year in high school a big group of us were rolling (toilet papering for you northerners) someone’s yard and the cops drove by. We all had to ride to the county jail caravan style and call our parents. No charges thank goodness!
3. I never watched my mom cooking growing up. When Trey and I first started dating we were going to cook at his house in Oxford. He left the kitchen and I was supposed to cook some green beans… ahhhh I can’t believe I am about to say this. I got a pot and put hot water in it to start boiling water for the beans. Then it hit me... DUH… you just dump the can in the pot. No water is needed. Trey doesn’t even know this happened. I guess he does now. I have come a long way with cooking.
4. This one is embarrassing too, BUT this could be life changing for someone. Women do a lot to improve their looks... I try to do what I can including dying my arm hairs!!!!! Speaking of... I need to do mine now. They make some great bleach that will make your hairs blonder and less visible. Trey thinks it stupid and I don’t need to do it, but it makes me feel better. See me if you need further details!
5. I really wish I had a talent. I have a hidden one that hasn’t come out yet. I can’t sing, dance, act, draw, read music, sew, decorate, etc. I can flip my tongue over and pick up things with my toes. Does that count??? Those are just plain weird!
6. I have always been attracted to guys with 4 letter names, brown hair, and that are under 6 feet tall. They say you are attracted to guys that look like your dad. My dad is a short brown headed fella. Trey hits the nail on the head... Trey = 4 letters… real first name is John. Brown hair... check. Under 6 feet… check! Ford is fitting that criteria right now as well.
7. I can’t imagine living anywhere other than Mississippi. However, I absolutely regret not living someone neat one summer during college.
8. I secretly wish I was an investigator. I like watching Cold Case Files and Forensic Files on TV. That kind of stuff is so interesting to me.
9. I don’t drink milk. I do love cheese and ice cream.
10. I was tested for allergies in the summer of 2006. They pricked my back 40 times with anything from dust mite, pollen, grasses, to roaches. I was ALLERGIC to 34 of the 40 things. I thought my life was OVER. I took allergy shots for a year and am much better.

Here are the rules:

1. Say thanks and give a link to the one who gave you the award.
2. Share 10 honest things about yourself.
3. Present this award to 3 other fantastically brilliant blogs of content or design, or peeps that have encouraged you.
4. Tell those 3 people they've been awarded and make sure they're informed of these guidelines.

I now would like to nominate 4 people. I know it says 3 in the guidelines but I feel like these 4 people would enjoy this activity. Katie, Ashley, Janice, and Jessica are the chosen ones participate in this fun exercise.

6 comments:

heatherstockett said...

Love, love, love it! I could leave a comment about every one of your ten facts but won't! :)

Janice said...

My favorite is the arm hairs thing. I didn't even know that this was possible. Good job!

The Dimino's said...

You are too funny!! Love it!!

Ashley said...

Very cute! Thanks for tagging me, but Sorry, I do not do these things anymore...no time!

Katie said...

I have fond memories of you and Amanda dancing around with arm bleach on saying it was burning. My other fave back then was that you straightened your hair with a roll brush, then with a straightening iron, then rolled it, then repeated the process. You definately have some quirks I think I can do a post on your quirks... can I?

Jill said...

No, you may not. You would be pleased to know that I do not have time to do all that to my hair now. It just looks bad all the time. Oh motherhood!!!!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...