Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Too Much For a Title

The Cousins


This has been a busy week and it’s only Wednesday night. On Monday Ford had his first official play date with Cooper. Summer and I took the boys for a stroll around town and then came back to our house to let them play on the floor. It was so neat watching Ford interact with another baby. He really seemed to enjoy having someone his own size down on the floor with him. We plan to get together more often for play dates.


You would think Trey would have learned not to ask me to fix his cereal after I put it in Ford’s little bowl and gave him a baby spoon. Well, he did ask for some cereal and once again I prepared it extra special. This time he got Fruity Pebbles in a piece of McCarty pottery with a big spoon. I was able to capture the moment when I handed him the bowl. It was great. And yes, we like to eat little kid cereal around here.

Being a stay at home mom is great. Sometimes, however, Ford and I get cabin fever and feel the need to get out of the house. When I taught school we would take the students on a field trip each semester to a fun, yet educational place. I decided Ford and I needed to go on a field trip. I talked to my sister in law and we decided on the zoo. Since it has been raining nonstop here and I have considered building an ark, the zoo was out. Instead we chose the Children’s Museum. She wanted me to be in Memphis bright and early and that is no small task with a baby, so Ford and I loaded up the day before for a spend the night party with Boompa and Gran (my parents). On the way to my parents’ house I was able to capture a special moment. I am so glad I have my camera handy when I am in the car. So, I took an exit ramp and noticed this trailer sitting in the middle of the left lane not hooked to a car. I guess if you get tired of pulling something it is perfectly acceptable to drop it off in the middle of the road!!!! Anyways…. It was a lot of fun having a change of scenery and I think Ford enjoyed seeing his Gran and Boompa.

Ford and I made it to the Children’s Museum on time and without getting lost. That place is so neat. I would have absolutely loved it as a child. It’s a kid friendly environment with different areas where children can pretend to be adults. I didn’t get to see the whole place but they have a little grocery store, dentist office, car repair shop, pizza parlor, news station and so much more where the kiddos could play and learn at the same time. I can’t wait until Ford can walk and he and I will go back so he can enjoy it as much as my nieces did.



I heard on some radio station that they do a “Confession Wednesday.” Since it’s Wednesday I have a confession… I am 27 years old and I like a Miley Cyrus song. It’s very teenie bopper, but “Party in the USA” has such a fun beat that I can’t help but turn it up when it comes on the radio. Okay, I feel better!

We bought Ford a new toy… an EXERSAUCER!!!! He loves it by the way. See below…

3 comments:

The Dimino's said...

I love that children's museum!! I have been there with my nephews and they love it!! You are cracking me up with the cereal!! I also like many Miley Cyrus songs!! LOL And exersaucers are AWESOME!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun day!! Hope to be on the next trip.

Ashley said...

Had a great time!!! I LOVE that song too!! Ok...why has SASSY not EVER commented on MY page!!! THANKS A LOT SAN!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...