Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pumpkin Photo Shoot


I feel like I have not blogged in so long… it’s only been 6 days. Ford got a little cold so we have been inside since Thursday. He is feeling better now thank goodness.

I decided yesterday that we needed some pumpkins. So Ford and I went to Wal-Mart and got a few. After I bought the pumpkins I started thinking about making a pumpkin pie and I expressed this to my mother in-law. Well that sweat dear picked me up some ingredients at the grocery store last night and I went to baking. I am not real sure that I have had pumpkin pie that many times or that I even really like it but the idea sounded good. It took forever to bake… cook at 425 for 15 minutes and then reduce heat to 350 and cook another 40-50 minutes. That is pure torture to a hungry pie wanting woman. At one point Trey asked me why I was standing next to the stove watching the pie bake!!! It wouldn’t hurry up and I tried to busy myself while it cooked, but it didn’t work that well. The pie came out and I only let it cool about 10 minutes before we cut into it. I was slightly disappointed in the pumpkin pie. Not disappointed enough not to eat the whole piece though. I ate it all. I am thinking I should have used a different kind of crust. After lunch today I decided to give it another try and got the same results… just okay. It’s just not chocolate!

Ford took a cat nap while I was at Bible study this morning and wouldn’t sleep again when we got home. GO FIGURE! So I decided to have a pumpkin photo shoot in the yard. Ford can sit up fairly well so I thought it was a good idea. He fell over a few times and grabbed a chunk of grass to eat but I quickly got it out of his mouth. Trey pulled up during the photo shoot laughing and wanting to know what was going on. He helped me get a few good pictures of my little man.



My sister in-law was creative with her blog title last week, “Flashback Friday” so I have made one up for part of my blog today… “Take 5 Tuesday”. I am going to list 5 random facts about myself.

1. I got pink glasses at age 4. (Sorry… no photos!!!)
2. I own a yellow shower cap that I wear every night when I shower before bed. (I do wash my hair in the mornings!)
3. I am afraid of big black dogs.
4. I do not eat anything that swims (except catfish) and I do not like many vegetables.
5. I lived in 7 houses growing up and since going to college have lived in 8 different places.

Now wasn’t that fun!!! I plan to do something creative on different days of the week from now on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved today's blog. Photos are wonderful and "Take 5 Tuesday" facts brought back fond memories especially of the pink glasses. Pumpkin pie was never a favorite on either side of your family so that's why you were left longing for chocolate.

Janice said...

Ford looks cute sitting in those pumpkins :) Brad just requested me to make him a pumpkin pie. Now you have me not wanting to try it. Think I can talk him out of it?

Millie said...

The picturs of Ford are so cute. Also, I made my blog private, send me your email and I will add you to the list.

Jill said...

My e-mail is jlamar44@hotmail.com

Jill said...

My e-mail is jlamar44@hotmail.com

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...