Sunday, October 25, 2009

Orange Nose


“Simple Snack Sundays”

I called my friend, Taylor, and asked her for a simple appetizer I could fix that did not require an oven. See this weekend our church had Baby Dedication Sunday and we had a lot of family coming in town. I knew the ovens would be used cooking lunch so I tried to plan accordingly. I called Taylor because she loves a good cooking show and I knew she would have the answers to all my cooking questions. If you want easy here you go…

ROTEL CORN DIP

1 can of rotel tomatoes drained
1 can of shoepeg corn drained
1 8 oz. cream cheese softened

Mix together and serve with Fritos. It’s yummy!

As I just said, we had Baby Dedication Sunday at our church. Ford did so well sitting in big church for 10 minutes before it was time for the families to come forward. As one would expect, he checked out the ceilings, jumped in my lap, and flirted with those around him. It was a nice service and I hope all the parents felt as blessed as Trey and I did to be given the wonderful gift of a child. After church we went to eat lunch at Puddin and Pop’s house. They cooked a great big lunch. We had a big crowd: Puddin, Pop, Gran, Boompa, Bobba, Grandmother, Granddaddy, Uncle Ken, Aunt Ashley, Molly Cate, Caroline, Uncle Vance, Trey, Ford, and myself.


Apparently I have been feeding Ford too many orange foods… such as sweet potatoes, carrots, and squash. When I was looking at the pictures from his big day I noticed that his little nose looked orange. I guess we will eat peas and green beans the next few days in an effort to fix this problem.

HALLOWEEN is right around the corner!!!!! Aunt Jessica (Meet the Pressgroves) bought Ford a cute trick-or-treat bag that he will be sure to use next Saturday. I can’t wait!!!!!

2 comments:

The Savage Family said...

I make that recipe all the time! Quick and easy, and I could sit and eat the whole thing!I wish we could have been there to see Ford dedicated! Bo drug me to early church and then I realized it was baby dedication and I was going to miss it! I was not happy!

Margaret said...

I've seen/heard of this recipe a few times. I'll have to try it sometime.

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...