Saturday, March 28, 2009

Kankles

I am nearing the end of my pregnancy. Honestly, it hasn’t been that bad. I can name a few discomforts I have endured while on this journey, but nothing too big. All in all, I have had an easy time the last 34 weeks.

Yesterday, I noticed that my feet an ankles were starting to swell. I have had minimal swelling up until this point, but yesterday was a different story. My feet were pretty large and were hanging over my flip flops and I had KANKLES. Oh it was just lovely. Well, I got a bit concerned since it happened so quickly all in one day. A friend of mine said maybe I should take my blood pressure. She warned that being this far into my pregnancy I could have toxemia and be going into premature labor. Ahhhhhhhhhh.

Well, we live in Mayberry and they don’t have a lot of blood pressure machines around here, but fortunately I found one. My blood pressure was high for me, but still normal according to the nurse I spoke with. She said that swelling was going to happen and I needed to stay elevated as much as possible. I am better today… not cured, but better.

I sure was glad that little Ford wasn’t ready to make his grand entrance into this world because I am not quite ready for him to come. I thought about slightly panicking since I haven’t packed him a bag or myself a bag. What do you even pack in a bag??????? I need tips on this one all you moms out there.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I need to see you so we can prop our kankles together!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...