Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Hustling Around Mayberry

What have I been doing you may ask?   I have been hustling around Mayberry chasing these three kiddos of mine.  We are busy.  There are multiple activities everyday.   I am trying to keep up.  

Ford finished up 7th grade school basketball.   I love watching him play sports.   He's so determined.   He is driven and wants to win.   Competitive?  Yes!!!!
The boys spent a good bit of time duck hunting.   Personally, it looks miserable being in all those clothes, in water that you can't see critters coming to attack you in.   No thank you.   To each his own! 
My Grandmother fell in her assisted living apartment on Thanksgiving Day.   After that it was 8 days in the hospital followed by a stay in a junky hospice facility.   Then my uncle literally spent 2 months fighting with insurance over moving her to north Mississippi to be closer to family.   It was a hassle.   But, she's been relocated to Oxford and we are able to see her more often even though her dementia is bad and she has no clue we are there.


We met little Parker while visiting her.
Ice storm.... Yep there was one in 1994 and now again in 2023.   We ended up missing 3 days of school and lost electricity a lot too.   But when we didn't have to live like the 1400's we watched My Girl 2.   Ummmm I don't recall that movie being "bad" back in the 90's when I watched it.   There was some questionable dialogue and I was praying my kids wouldn't ask when it meant.

Someone LOVES to snuggle and get in my bed.   I think I love it too.

Annie and Bitty finished up their city league basketball days.   It's so fun watching them play.   Bitty is small but mighty.   Annie can wear the defense out.
The ice storm caused a lot of trees and limbs to fall.   Annie helped clean up by blowing the driveway.
More man stuff.....


My dad, BoomPa, turned 72 on February 8.   We went to Oxford to celebrate him.


When you have a candle that says 70 you have to hold up 2 fingers to compensate for the 72 that you needed.


I love this lady.   We are the third grade teachers.   She's the best to work with.   A few weeks ago we had an NFL week at school.   One child was supposed to bring a 32 ounce orange gatorade and a 32 ounce lemon lime gatorade.   I think she missed the memo on the second gatorade!

Ummmm she back in my bed!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...