Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Racing through Halloween redneck style

Will someone please tell me WHY we celebrate Halloween???  Folks, including myself, go out and buy their kids ridiculous outfits that they’ll never wear again, they spend money on cavity causing candy, buy fall décor, plan parties, events, and haunted hay rides, and when the big day actually comes everyone is exhausted.  We had a full 6 days and 8 events worth of this Halloween stuff and by this morning I was OVER IT!!!!

Several days ago Annie wanted to buy a redneck looking unicorn outfit that was a nightmare to get on and off.  Being the sweet mom that I am, I let her have it.  She wasn't as excited about it after we left Wal-Mart, so we tried some other outfits in the mean time.
 Saturday night we went to the McCain's party and took that swagger bus on a haunted ride.
 Sunday we decided to convert to Church of Christ and Methodist for their Trick-or-Trunk festivities.
 When Maggie arrived in her princess gear it straight ticked Annie off that she was a unicorn.
 Poor Ford never even got to buy a costume!!!!  I think he was a ninja last year!
 Monday we did the annual Lamar Family pumpkin carving....
 Tuesday I decorated the kitchen for breakfast....
 Then it was time to party hop.  First stop was the 2k class at 9:30!
 Annie and Dove
 Dove, Annie, and Emery
 Annie and Maggie loved those cookies.
I'm pretty sure this is one of my all time favorite pictures of her!
I skipped out of there to make it to Bitty's party at 10:00.
 They blessed their snacks....
 That look!!!!!!
 Mox and John Brantley
 Elizabeth and Bit
 Class of 2031
 I took the littles home, BoomPa came to cover, and I headed to Ford's party at 2:00.
 We had a pinata.
 I was in charge of this party.
 Ford has taken 147 AR tests to date... the gumballs represent the books he's tested on, but the month of October hadn't been added yet.
 We headed home, did homework, changed clothes, and went to see family....

Bobba and the kids....
 Puddin and Pops and the kids....
 Uncle Vance and the kids....
 Then we went home, got on the golf cart and started hitting the houses...
 We stopped by Anna Greer's house even though she's at big school now.  Mary Addison and Rebel liked our visit.
The kids got in bed after 9:00.  I was sore and tired this morning.  

So this Halloween my kids were...

Annie: Superman, Scooby Doo, a unicorn, and Bugs Bunny
Bitty- a cowboy, Superman, and a football player
Ford- a ninja and baseball player

Now it's the month to be THANKFUL!!!!!!!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...