Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Cousin Sitting and Grandparent's Day

Ken, my brother, and I recently discussed how he and Ashley hadn’t gone anywhere by themselves in almost 5 years.  I quickly volunteered to keep his kiddos so they could go on a fun weekend getaway. 

On Friday they headed to Nashville, and dad picked his kids up after school to deliver to me.   Now I didn’t dare tell my children that “the cousins” were coming for two reasons.  First of all I think surprises are fun and I knew they’d be super pumped, and secondly and most importantly, I knew Ford Lamar would ask WAY too many questions and wear me out!  So they arrived on Friday about 4:00 and my babies were thrilled.
 Jack holding Annie's hand...
 There was A LOT of eating going on all weekend.
 And card playing....
 We visited Gran's grave...
 And Pops showed them stuff at the office...
 I took them to the park and made them run laps...
 We braved Wal-Mart...
 We took a golf cart ride in between rain storms to run some more...
 The girls helped with Annie...
 The boys went to the football game so we played beauty shop and straightened hair...
 And went to church on Sunday...
Monday was Grandparent’s Day at the boys’ school.  I made sure Puddin, Pops, BoomPa, and Bobba could all attend!!!  Bitty doesn’t do public performances too well, so he mostly mouthed the words.  I was just proud he stood up there!
Puddin got to pray before Ford’s class did their singing.
Even though I'm not a grandparent, you better believe I don't miss stuff like that!!!!!!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...