Sunday, June 18, 2017

I can only imagine

VBS, Vacation Bible School....Ohhh how I love it!!!!  I love kids, I miss teaching (sometimes), I love teaching them about the Lord and watching them get excited when we connect, and I love meeting new kiddos.  

My friend, Faye, and I have taught VBS together before and we used to teach high school Sunday School together.  We make a good team.
 Faye, Rosy, Hayley, and me
 My kiddos loved Bible school too!
 There are always those children who give you hugs, scoot closer to you on the floor, smile when they see you, and generally want to be your buddy.  It wasn't until I was finished teaching on Monday and asked for prayer requests that I realized who this precious thing was.  She asked that we pray for her mom because she had been very upset since her daddy died.  I looked closer and realized I had been praying for her daddy for over a year and he had died 12 days earlier of Pancreatic Cancer.  I didn't tell Kaylie that my mom also died of that terrible disease, but I certainly loved on her extra big all week.  I think we will be friends for life!
 There once was a day when my prissy daughter said, "Momma, get you phone and take my picture!"
I would say I grew up as a child that was shelter from death.  Not until I was an adult did I start to lose loved ones.  Trey and I lost a baby when I was 25, my Nanny died when I was 28, my mom died when I was 33, and Saturday in the early morning hours I lost my only Grandfather.  He was the only Grandfather that I knew and I was his Jill Baby.  I was his second grandchild and the oldest girl.  He was a gentle man.  A southern gentleman.  He was quiet and loving.  He was sweet and kind and he loved the Lord.
 I knew his time on Earth was drawing near these last few months and especially the last few weeks.  Losing a loved one is a pain and hurt that doesn't go away easily.  Losing my mom has been the most earth shattering thing that has happened to me.  I have felt robbed since she died so young.  I don't feel robbed of my time with my Granddaddy.  I feel like he lived a great life for almost 93 years.
 I didn't get to see him often growing up, only 3-4 times a year since we lived some hours away, but I always loved playing at his desk when we visited, and he didn't mind.
 I am thankful that the Lord decided that his work on earth was done and he's no longer confined to his bed at the VA or wheelchair.  He can hear and communicate with others.  His food no longer has to be pureed and his body is perfect.  The fact that my children won't be able to visit and love on their great Granddaddy is sad, but I can rejoice knowing he's Home.
 On June 14th my grandparents celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary.  This picture was taken at their 60th anniversary party.
 Thank you God for giving me a Granddaddy who loved his Jill Baby.  I can ONLY imagine how excited my mom was to see her Daddy coming through those Heavenly gates early Saturday morning!  I can only imagine!
New post below....

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...