Friday, April 1, 2016

Out of my comfort zone

This weather.... Ohhh this weather.  Yesterday it was 82 and today it's 52.  I need some consistency here.  Prissy is outgrowing all of her winter clothes and its an issue.  I pulled this 24 month romper out of her closet since the coldness won't move on its way.  
Yard work.  I love to see a man doing yard work and taking pride in their lawn.  Makes me proud.  My boys are hard workers.  They like a job and will do it really well if they get paid.  Now, I'm not saying a large lump sum of cash.... they'll be happy with $0.50.  So we hooked up the trailer to the 4 wheeler and got the wheelbarrow and picked up leaves from the flower bed.
Good thing we only have a kiddie sized wheelbarrow!
Ford is creative.  He is always making stuff.  The other day he made himself a few medals.
Puddin and Annie.  I'm pretty certain that Annie knows how to work her Puh to get whatever she wants.
Ohhh y'all... my boys LOVE to make forts/tents/secret hideouts, etc.  This would be my guest room closet complete with every pillow, towel, sheet, and blanket in my house.  Ohh ohh ohh, and the cushions from the couch upstairs too.  Bitty slept in the closet by himself Monday night.  Ford chickened out!
Little man syndrome... he needed a serving fork to eat with!
Annie got dirty at lunch and had to get rid of her shirt.  She wasn't about to put down her V8 banana strawberry juice.  I rarely give her juice so she is thrilled when I do.
I haven't cooked much since Annie was born and I really don't cook much since Trey is gone.  The other night I decided to make chicken and rice in the crockpot.  That idea was soon over when I broke the bowl in my sink.  Cinnamon Toast Crunch it was!
It's a beautiful thing when he naps.
This is the look, minus the sound, that we get when Annie doesn't get her way.
Supper is around 5:30, immediately followed by baths, and by 6:30 we have settled in my bed for some cartoons before time to go to sleep.  Paw Patrol all around!
Yes, I could eat her up.
Him too.  Ohhh he rarely acts normal and civilized for a picture, but he decided to today.  Two points for The Bit!
This little red car was Ford's first birthday present from Trey and me.  It's gone many a mile with three babies now.
This sweet baby will be 7 years old in 29 days.  We ask Suri (on my phone) everyday how many days it is until May 1.  He's excited.  I'm sad.
Still pushing...
Bitty is working hard in that pumpkin shirt we got on sale last week at Belk.
They sleep just lovely in the bed with me during the week.  Notice I didn't say I sleep so lovely.
On the way home from BoomPa's house.
She didn't even consider napping.
This morning I told God to use me however he saw fit today.  I didn't know what that would entail throughout my day, but I thought it and meant it.  So, off Annie and I go to Wal-Mart.  As I am putting my stuff on the counter to pay God told me to ask the cashier how I could pray for her.  That is OUT of my comfort zone/level... whatever you want to call it.  I ignored the thought.  I pretended that God didn't keep telling me to ask her.  I knew I had to obey God... after all, I didn't want to end of like Jonah for disobeying and not going to Nineveh.  We all know what happened to him, he was swallowed up by a big fish for 3 long, stinky days.  So as I grabbed my last bag I said, "Is there anything I can pray for you about today?"  I'm pretty sure she was just as shocked as I was that it even came out of my mouth.  She said, "Huh?"  I repeated.   She smiled real big and said, "Yes.  Please just pray for me and my family, and my name is ------."  I introduced myself.  We smiled and I said goodbye.  And will you know that even though that was out of my comfort zone, I didn't die and I plan to do it again... A LOT!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...