Friday, August 7, 2015

Seattle Round 1

And so if you read my last blog you’d know that the Representative and I took a trip to Seattle.  Notice I did NOT say “quick” trip.  We were gone 5 nights and 6 days.  Lord. Help. Me!  And might I add Seattle is not near Mayberry, so there was a lot of flying and waiting and plane missing involved.  Let’s begin…

We left last Saturday for the big city.  Our flight was to leave Memphis at 4:30 PM.  In true Trey fashion at 2:00 he was in the yard cutting, hadn’t showered, and hadn’t packed.  Traveling with him just about gives me a heart attack.  I was pacing the floor thinking we would miss our flight out of Memphis and yelling out the door for him to come on every few minutes.   Fortunately we headed northward…
We got to the airport, checked in, and made it through security with a few minutes to spare.  He likes to live on the wild side... me, not so much!
 My bag only weighed 46 pounds.
 We hadn't taken more than a 24 hour getaway in 2 years.  This trip was part business and part to celebrate our 10 year anniversary.
 Hey Mississippi River
 I have to entertain myself while he plays on his phone.
 Our flight left Memphis 30 minutes late.  When we arrived at our first stop, Minneapolis, we had to sit on the runway for 20 minutes.  This was not good people.  Not goo at all.
 No words
 The Minneapolis airport is probably 25 miles long.  I am certain that it was 23 miles from the gate where we got off the plane to the next plane.  Mind you that we left Memphis 30 minutes late and sat on the runway forever.  We literally had 10 minutes to travel 23 miles across the airport to our next gate.  We ran.  I thought I would die.  Jill Lamar is NOT a runner under any circumstances.  Trey was at least 13 miles ahead of me.  That's when I saw a glowing light.... a handicapped tram.   I begged and he agreed.  Off we went.
 And we got there too late.  Heart break!!!!  The plane was still outside, but they wouldn't let us on.  We had to wait two hours.  Chilis was the place to go...
 And we found another flight leaving at 9:30 PM
 No words
 Roomy.  TVs
 That was Trey's friend.  I opted for a movie, The Blind Side.
 We landed about midnightish.... Trey was waiting on our bags.
My head hit the pillow at 2:15 AM.   View from out room
 I told Trey that I was sleeping in on Sunday and NOT to wake me up.  I got up at 10:00 Seattle time which is 12:00 Mississippi time!!!  Notice the smile!
 We frequented this area a lot.
 We have some friends in Seattle who showed us some good spots.  Sunday lunch was in Capitol Hill at Odd Fellows.
 That's what I'm talking about....
 Our friends, Jennifer and Adam
 Avocado toast... please no one think I ate this.  It was Trey...
 Now this is something you will NOT see in Mayberry!
After lunch we headed to a winery, compliments of our friends.
 Then back to the room to change and then out again with our friends for dinner.
 This restaurant was maybe my favorite....
 Cinnamon in my drink
 The appetizer
 And on the way home I saw Annie's name on a billboard.
Seattle trip part 1

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...