Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Deep thoughts by a pregnant Jill

Pregnancy Update….

I need to know who said that pregnancy is 9 months???  Because, according to my calculations I should be D-O-N-E baking.  I am 36 weeks which = 9 months.  Now, don’t take this as complaining, because that I am not.  I am no fool.  I know that it is easier with Little Miss in here all nice and incubating than when she makes her grand debut.  And grand I’m sure it’ll be!!!

I went to the doctor on Thursday for my 36 weeks appointment and check-up.  I am pleased to announce (tooting my horn a bit) that I did NOT gain any weight this week.  I am 29 pounds and holding.  Ole Nursie tried to tell me that I had gained 2 pounds, and I said, “Ohhh no.”  I guess she didn't believe me so she checked my chart, and I was correct.  No extra poundage here.  Now I am sure when I go this week I’ll gain like 8 pounds or something cool like that, but I was happy with a nice 0!!!

I hadn't dilated or thinned out.  The doctor said that my cervix was very thin and he could feel her head.  Honestly, that kind of grossed me out.  I also told him NOT to break my water because it was NOT time for her to come.

The upper sides of my legs have started to ache.  I am sure it’s the 29 pounds I am carrying around that are not part of my normal physique.  That’s okay.  This too shall pass.  The Beast is still representing in full force.  Okay… prayer request time.  I would like for y’all to all please pray that when Annie comes out that the hernia will go back into permanent hibernation.  I honestly cannot fathom having a surgery to remove the dang thing.  I don’t have time for that!
I’m pretty much over house building.  Our builders have been fabulous, but the other clowns not so much.  The cabinet man will send me into full blown pregnant woman crazy mode if he doesn’t get a fire under his butt soon.  By the time he delivers my kitchen cabinets it’ll be about a half of a month late.  I have been sugar and spice and everything nice to all these jokers working on my house, but I think he felt my frustration yesterday when I called.  I informed him that he is holding me up on my floors, counter tops, appliances, and I added I was having a baby and we needed to get the SHOW ON THE ROAD!!!  They don’t care.  Not one flipping bit.  It’s discouraging that I’ll be moving with a newborn in tow now, and that was NOT the original plan.
This was my bedroom the other day.  Lovely huh????  I have since cleaned it, some… but it’s a disaster knowing you can’t unpack and get settled because it’s time to move again.  My baby girl has to sleep somewhere over there too… in a pack-n-play.  I PROMISE, under normal circumstances, this is not my personality type.  I have sort of “given up” trying.
John Brantley’s sleeping habits are a pure nightmare.  He is like a newborn.  At least I am still 100% in the waking up at all hours of the night faze.  I put him to sleep in his room and he wanders to my room EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.  There is no crying.  He just comes and joins me.  Now, this is a problem.  Annie will be here soon and also in my room, so his presence won’t work.  Bitty needs somebody.  He needs to cuddle.  He wants to touch you or hold your hand.  My lack of sleep is not cool and I am in desperate need of rest.  I have pawned him off on Ford!!!!!!  The last two night, against Ford’s will, Bitty has bunked up for his Bubba.  He stayed in there ALL NIGHT!!!!!!  I got this picture of us before I got up the other night.

You turn your back for 30 seconds and.....

Ford at the same age....   what's up with my boys and green faces????

Back to the baby doctor tomorrow.....

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...