Saturday, November 1, 2014

Trunking, Treating, Parties, and 1/2 Birthdays

There have been a lot of festive things going on here in Mayberry as of late.  We've had trunking, treating, parties, and ½ birthdays.

On Wednesday our church, First Baptist, had its annual “trick or trunk’’.  You better believe the Lamar’s were in attendance.  We love an activity.   What wasn't so strongly loved was John Brantley’s feelings towards the headgear that complimented his outfit.

Presenting… Spider-Man and Bugs Bunny!!!
Ford and his buddy, Langston
Pops and the boys
Sometimes we needed to sample the candy as we were hopping from car to car at “trick or trunk”.
Ford and Mr. Blake... he taught Ford Sunday school last year.
Trick or trunk was big fun and we loaded up on the candy for sure.  As if we really needed any!!!  Then Friday came and wouldn't you know the real deal Halloween was here.  My friend, Rosy, invited some folks over for snacks and playing before we braved the cold and wind.
All the kiddos
I think my boys could have stayed at her house, but it was on to more treating.
Can you see the sheer aggravation the head piece caused the little man???
This little dude usually said, “tricky teat”.  
Ahhhh there’s nothing like pulling up to a house with “Alf” on the front porch waiting on the little treaters.  Naturally, mine had no clue about this character, and Bitty wasn’t getting out of the car.  I am beyond shocked he would take a picture with the “Mean Moose” as he called him!  
Puddin and Pops's house
Going to see Big Momma and Big Daddy
And last, but not least, we had classroom parties.  When I arrived at Ford’s school they were having a little trick or treating at some of the big kids’ cars.  I thought this was super cute and sweet.  Then I learned that Ford’s high school football buddy, Grant  #73,was out there.  Apparently, Grant goes and reads to Ford’s class occasionally and Ford thinks he is as cool as sliced bread.  So like any good momma would do, I took a picture!  
The spread
Gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Toss the ring on the witch hat
Mummy time
Pin the nose on the pumpkin
Piñatas are fun!
C-A-N-D-Y
Loved being with my little man!!!!
And Bitty’s class had a party too.  I didn’t attend this one.  It was more of a glorified snack than a party.  My Tuesdays and Thursdays mornings are sacred to me.  Both boys are at school and I am in HIGH GEAR trying to clean and do productive things.  Since no parents attended the party, I just sent a camera for his teacher to take a few pictures!
Ahhhhhh and like any goober mom, I like to celebrate random things….half birthdays to be exact.  Let me first explain myself.  Children have always enjoyed sharing their birthdays at school with their classmates.  Moms send snacks and the kid gets to feel special.  I never had that.  Being that I am born in July all my friends were out for summer break.  I didn’t get to celebrate at school.  So my mom, Gran, would send cupcakes in January on my HALF birthday.  Genius, I know!!!  I got my special in!!!  Soooo I think half birthdays are a BIG deal, and today (11/1) is Ford’s 5 ½ year old birthday.  We celebrated with a special breakfast and décor.  He was pleased.  Can you tell???

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...