Thursday, May 29, 2014

Stay dry out there my friends!!!

Summer is in full swing and we are making the most of it at the Lamar household.  The boys need constant entertainment or things can get hairy.  However, sometimes I need to do some cleaning and such and they are forced to get creative.  The other day I found them in John Brantley’s closet making a tent.  Whatever works, right?
Memorial Day was nice.  It actually didn't rain that day either!!!  We were able to go to Puddin and Pop’s pool and swim a bit.  I opted for my chair and let them get in the chilly water.  This bod needed all the sunlight it could get!  Leaving the pool for naps is always hard…. Lots of tears.
 Ford has always enjoyed art activities more the Bitty.  But the other day he grabbed some paper and colored pencils and said he wanted to color.  Of course, he didn't come out and say “I want to color” because he doesn't talk in sentences, but I got his drift.  We communicate nicely.
 Bath time is a favorite around here.  The boys write on the tub walls, drive trucks, and play with little men.  On occasion, John Brantley gets wild and soaks the floor down with all the water he can dump out of cups before I catch on!
 Last week I got Ford an appointment to get his haircut and I should have made John Brantley one too, but I didn't.  Instead we went today.  He is such a funny little guy.  If he knows what’s at stake he will act accordingly.  Suckers are at stake when it comes to a haircut and you better believe he sat still.
 So big!!!!!!
 I am sure he was thinking "suck suck" (sucker)
 Tonight was supposed to be Ford’s last tee ball game of the season, but of course there was rain.  I am feeling like I need to read up on arc building because we may need one soon.  I went by and picked up his trophy which cannot be called a tee ball trophy, but a baseball trophy.  When we got home I took his picture and then he needed to compare it to his last years’ trophy.  Upon comparison, we noticed that this year’s trophy had hair sticking out of the helmet and last year’s didn't.  Then it dawned on me that I grabbed a girl trophy.  Back to town we went to exchange it for a dude one!
 Once the massive downpours decided to stop today the boys could hardly contain themselves and had to get outside and play in the puddles and mud.
 And stopping for a snack break of some "smarties" is also key.
Stay dry out there my friends!!!!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...