Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Midnite Pottery and a new remedy

I often times blog about “field trips” the boys and I go on.  Well, Tuesday was another small adventure.  Back when Ford was 14 months old we went to Tupelo to Midnite Pottery and had a platter done with his hands and feet.  I certainly can’t do something like that for Ford and forget about John Brantley.  Tupelo isn't exactly a stone’s throw from Mayberry so it took a while to schedule our trip. 

I decided to leave around 9:00 that morning and hope that Bitty would nap in the car.  The nap was a success (a short one).
 Being that BoomPa, my dad, is retired, he is open and free to attend on our fun adventures.  I let him drive since I’m not too familiar with the east side of the state.

Our appointment was at 11:00 and we were out of there in less than 10 minutes.  John Brantley was most cooperative, and for that I am truly grateful.  
 Ford wasn't jealous that he didn't get to dig his fingers and tootsies in the clay because they had a toy room.  This was smart too, people.  That store is not kid friendly considering 100% of what they sell is breakable.  He thoroughly enjoyed his 5 minutes in the play area equipped with chalk board painted walls which I love for a playroom!
 If you've been a faithful blog follower for years now you will remember these pictures from Ford’s trip over to Midnite Pottery.
I can’t wait to have John Brantley’s just like this!!!!!
 This child is something else.  He really is.  It’s hard not to compare my boys, but I do to some degree.  At almost 16 months of age Ford was talking a good bit.  John Brantley has a very small vocabulary.  However, he understands probably 95% of what I say to him.  If he doesn't agree with me then he shakes his head “NO”.  It’s hilarious!  I ask him questions like: “Do you want to go night night?”  I get the head shake.  If I ask: “Do you want a cookie?”  There is no head shake.  He’s smart… he has my number for sure!!!
 This morning when I was dressing Ford for school John Brantley grabbed his Superman underwear and wanted to put them on.  I slipped them on over his diaper and he wore them most of the day.  He was so proud!
Ford at the same age…  
 Today is my sweet mom’s 60th birthday.  My boys love their Gran and I am so glad that we live close enough that I can see her whenever I want to.  I hope to be half the mom to my boys that she was/is to me.  I love you, Mom!
 We planted some bushes and trees at our property.  In order to make sure they don’t die we must water them.  It’s not an easy task considering we have no water source out there.  Therefore, we use milk jugs and buckets and transport them across town.
 And the remedy….

No one has given me any good tips on biting.  John Brantley bites all day long.  Mostly it’s me that is the victim, but he will bite others too.  I have tried saying “no”, yelling, play crying, spanking, and biting back.  None of them seem to work.  I am frustrated.  He bites when he’s mad, tired, frustrated, hungry, or just playing.  So you can see it goes on a lot.  I have decided that when he bites he gets this…..  
After getting it a few times, freaking OUT, and crying, he now runs from me shaking his head “NO” when he sees me go to get it!!!!!  

1 comment:

jillemersonbell said...

Genius!!! Hot sauce!! What a great idea! I might have to do that when Coop calls Carter a poop head.

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...