Monday, July 22, 2013

The BIG Pond: Part 2

Okay, so I think I lied.  This beach blog will have to be a three part series.  I did take 318 pictures and I want to share about 317 with you without an overload all at once.  Not really, but it takes a while to figure this all out and I have limited time to blog. 

So, last Sunday, July 14th, we relocated from Baytowne to Seagrove.  Seagrove is near Seaside, Watercolor, Rosemary, Alys Beach etc.  They are all in the same general neighborhood.  

I don’t specialize in trip planning and never have.  Trey and Ashley both spent countless hours searching for a house that would accommodate our family.  We settled in this little jewel equip with 5 bedrooms for all 11 people.   (That would be Ken, my brother, Jack, my nephew, and BoomPa, my dad, doing a little jig on the porch).
On our first night we decided to go crab hunting.  The kids love it.  My niece, Molly Cate, wasn't scared a bit to grab a crab.  I, on the other hand, would not be so brave!
The house had two separate bunk rooms.  Ford and Caroline decided they’d be bunk mates for the week.
I think the pool was a bigger hit than the beach was.  Ford is swimming.  He is doing so good!!!!  
Bitty absolutely LOVED the pool, sand, and ocean.  He squealed, smiled, kicked his legs, and said “ewwwwww” and “ahhhhhhhh” a lot.    
Molly Cate    
I have mentioned my love for The Dollar Tree before.  It’s a fabulous store with many treasures inside.  Popsicles are a treasure at my house and we loaded up on them for the beach!    
Jack and John Brantley were checking out some toys.    
Molly Cate, Gran, Caroline, Ford, and Jack    
My 31st birthday….    
Restaurant of the evening…    
John Brantley and I had to take a walk outside while our supper was being cooked.  Too much sitting isn’t his favorite activity.      
I enjoy keeping a low profile.   I don’t like attention drawn to myself or the spotlight on me whatsoever.  Well, my mom, Gran, decided she would tell our waitress it was my birthday.  Not only did my family sing Happy Birthday to me, but they also started making up ridiculous songs after and clapping and carrying on.  Crawling under the table did cross my mind.  
My niece, Caroline, blew out my candle.  I hope she made a good wish!  
Trying to take a good picture of 5 grandchildren ages 1-7 years old is close to impossible!  
For Father’s Day I gave Trey and my dad both a fishing shirt.  Ironically, they both wore them the same night.  
Like all good parents we often times lie to our children.  Of course, it was all in fun and games.  We told Ford if he stood on one foot, held his ear, and said “Open Sesame” the back of the Yukon would open.  He had another saying for closing the rear door.  All the while Trey is pushing the button on the key-chain and Ford thinks he has mastered some sort of magic.      
The cute town of Rosemary Beach      
John Brantley literally gets into everything.  I mean everything!  While I was getting dressed one night he emptied the garbage can, started going through my bathroom bag, swished his hand in the toilet (I freaked) and then grabbed a toilet brush.  That was it!!!  I can’ think of much that is nastier than a toilet brush.  I gave the child a sucker so he would sit still while I put on my face and fixed my mane.        
We often alternate eating out and cooking in while at the beach.  Another night we went to eat at a Seagrove Market.
My best friend from Southaven, Casey Coleman’s, mom was in the area and she came to see me.  It was so good to see her.
Beautiful sunset….


1 comment:

jillemersonbell said...

Okay you look amazing!!! I am in the process of shedding this pregnancy weight. ugh!!!!! You are inspiration to me right now.

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...