Saturday, November 24, 2012

So much to be thankful for

Ahhhh Thanksgiving has now come and gone.  For the past few years we have eaten lunch with my family and then gone back home to see Trey’s mom’s side of the family; we did just that again this year.  Usually when we eat at my parent’s house it’s hectic trying to get everything cooked, served, and the kitchen cleaned up.  The last 6 weeks have been tough because my grandfather spent over 3 weeks in the hospital, 2 weeks in a rehab/physical therapy type place, and has been at home the last week.  My mom has spent as much time in Jackson helping out with him as she has at home.  With all of that going on I decided I was old enough now to step in and make some decisions.   I called my parents to say they would host Thanksgiving at their house, but we would NOT be eating on the fine china this year.  They would provide the turkey and the dressing and Ashley, my sister in law, and I would do the rest.  We ate on paper plates, used plastic cups, and things were a lot smoother with us bringing all the sides and desserts. 
Molly Cate and John Brantley

While we were there we decided to “attempt” to get a cute picture of the kids for mom and dad’s Christmas card.  Ashley decided they should all lie in the grass in a nice circle.  The idea was cute, but what wasn’t cute was trying to get a 6, 4, 3, 20 month, and 5 month old to lie still. 





Needless to say that pose didn’t work and John Brantley was only in the grass about 30 seconds and his face turned all red and his eyes started watering.  Apparently Bitty (his new nickname) is allergic to grass like his Momma.



 
BoomPa, John Brantley, Jack, and Gran
 
Trey kept making ridiculous faces when I’d take his picture and I warned him that I’d blog later and he’d pay for them….
 
We left my parents’ house and headed back to Mayberry to Bobba’s (Trey’s Grandmother) house.
 
Uncle Vance and John Brantley
 
Bobba and the boys

We have so much to be thankful for this year.  I was very thankful that I wasn’t crying this year like I was last year.  I was deathly ill last year being pregnant with John Brantley.  I still hadn’t figured out that my prenatal vitamins were making me sick.  Ohhhh but I’d do it all over again.  John Brantley has truly been a blessing to our family.  Thank you God for all of our many blessings!

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...