Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pre-beach

My parents are kind enough to take us to the beach every summer.  Ever since we have lived in Mayberry we have cut some time off of our trip by staying at Puddin’s house in Jackson the night before.  Last Friday we loaded up, and I do mean LOADED up in Pop’s Yukon and headed south.  Why did we take the Yukon you ask?  Well, I do not specialize in packing lightly.  I play by the “it’s better safe than sorry” motto and pack my entire house.  I had everything packed and ready and Trey loaded the car while I fed Toto.  We planned to leave at 1:30, but in true Lamar fashion (not because of me) we left at 2:00. 
We didn’t turn the radio on the entire time because Fancy yacked on the phone until Canton.  He is worse than any woman I know!  I documented the occasion.
 
We were packed in like sardines as Ford likes to say. You can see the  nap nanny sticking out in this picture.  That thing was a life saver!

 
Our first stop was at my grandparents’ house.  We had to wake Ford up in their driveway for the visit.  He was not pleasant during the visit to say the least. 





 
We stayed about an hour and left so they wouldn’t be tortured by us anymore.  Then we headed to Puddin’s house.  When we lived in Jackson I taught school for 2 years at Casey Elementary.  I had some great friends from that school who still live around the Jackson area.  Two of them have also had babies since I moved so they came to visit along with my friend, Wilson, who came to stay a few weeks ago. 
Bishop’s twin girls, June and Holland (I’m not sure which one is which) and Lanier’s little girl, Sazy Gee
 
Erin Bishop, Lanier Gee-Craft, Pam Wilson, and myself

John Brantley blog below…

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...