Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Bid Day

Where were you ten years ago?  Ten years ago I was a 19 year old freshman at Ole Miss who had just pledged Tri Delta.  This past weekend was Bid Day at Ole Miss and it made me reminisce on my time there as a DDD. 
I grew up knowing I would go to Ole Miss since that was how I was raised.  My great grandparents went there and so on down to my older brother.  When it was time for me to pack up and go to college I was as ready as they come.  I remember driving up Interstate 55 in my red 2001 Toyota Solara thinking I couldn’t get there fast enough. 
After several weeks rush began and all I wanted to be was a Tri Delt.  Well, my wish came true on October 8, 2001.  I found these pictures from “my bid day”.
(Excuse my limited skills in scanning pictures).  Here we have the famous run… I am running to my now sister in law.
 
Some of my pledge class getting ready to run through the DDD sign at the front door.

And I can thank all the swaps we had every week for the super GPA I had my freshman year.  As I told my dad, “Well at least I met a lot of people.”

Oh those were the “good old days”.  College was definitely fun and I am thankful for the experience, but if someone told me I had to go back and wear shower shoes, sleep in a twin bed, share a room with someone other than my husband, walk up the dreaded hill from the dorm, do homework/projects/take tests, and stay up until all hours of the night I think I would cry.  I am happy with my little life where I am right now in 2011.  My mind can only wonder what God has in store for me in the next ten years!!!

1 comment:

Shaunte' said...

So glad you are a blogger too! You've got such a cute family!

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...