Sunday, July 31, 2011

Year #7 Here I come....

It is hard to believe as I sit here and write this that my summer break will be completely over when I wake up in the morning.  It has gone by so quickly and Ford and I have made lots of good memories together.
I am sad to go back and leave Ford, yet I am excited about a new school year.  I actually know a lot of the new third graders coming up and hopefully I will have some of them in my class.
I am sure some of you read into my blog posts last school year that it was a tough year for me.  It was.  I won’t lie.  A lot had to do with my attitude and some things were out of my control.  I have felt extremely convicted of that all summer and have prayed for a better attitude and school year. 
 I grew up thinking that all children came from a home like I did.  I was raised in a Christian home with two parents who loved and adored me on a daily basis.  Not all kids grow up that way.  Some children come to school hungry, tired, dirty, or with bruises on them.  Now I can’t control what goes on when they leave me each afternoon but I can ensure that I give them 100% each day and make them feel safe and happy when they are with me.  I can make a difference in a child’s life and would like to think I already have, but that I do not know.  Please pray for the teachers as they begin a new school year.  We really need your prayers on a daily basis.  The education system is not what it used to be.  Year #7 HERE I COME!!!!!!!!
We got a good rain last week and Ford needed to play outside in it and drink water from the gutters. 


 
Friday we took a field trip to the Memphis Childrens Museum.  Gran, Aunt Ashley, Molly Cate, Caroline, and Jack came along for the trip.    











 
Flying an air plane   

 
Ford was driving his new Cadillac Escalade when he fell out the door and busted his lip.  It still looks pretty bad.  

 
He thought it was pretty cool that he was on TV.       
 
My sewing days are not over.  I won’t have near the time to sew anymore, but I plan to do some when I can.  I went and bought a pattern to make john johns and some new fabric.  I will keep you posted….       
 
Friday night we had some friends down to eat with us in Como at the Steak House. 
Daniel, Trey and Brad       
 Leah, Kristy and me    
 
Taylor, this is JUST for you.  Here he is in his Roll Tide shirt.       
 
We made a crumb cake this morning and he helped me lick the bowl.  Trey missed out since he was still in bed!  And I know you love the matching pajamas!!!
 
We had to get in a little swimming this weekend…….



Remember to go vote on Tuesday!

1 comment:

heatherstockett said...

Look at him jumping off the diving board! I always love the pics of him and Ashley's little ones. It's great that they can grow up together.

Good luck with your 7th year! Hope it's a great one :)

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...