Saturday, April 16, 2011

Big Days

On Thursday we left for Jackson. My mother in-law, Justice Ann Hannaford Lamar, aka Puddin, was being honored. The Mississippi Bar Foundation had its 2011 Annual Meeting and Fellows Induction Ceremony and she was one of the 15 honored. What exactly does that mean? I am not sure and I probably won’t ever understand since I am not in the legal profession, but I do know it’s a prestigious honor and I am very proud of her.

It tickles me when I am around my mother in-law in a setting like the induction ceremony; people come up to her and say “Hello Justice” and talk to her about the Supreme Court etc. I never really think about her in that light. The Justice I know loves to be at home with her family in the kitchen cooking. She cooks fabulous meals and somehow doesn’t use a cookbook quite as much as I do! She loves and adores my child and will do anything he says at the drop of the hat. She has been a wonderful help to me since I have been in the family and has loved me like I am her own daughter. We are proud of your award, Puddin, but you don’t need special awards to make us any prouder of you. Thanks for all you do for us!!!!!







Ford, Puddin, and I went to a birthday party in Doddsville today.  That would be in the Mississippi delta.  I’m glad she came with me or I might still be looking for the party since a GPS wouldn’t pick up the address.  Ford had a large time. 

They had a pony ride.   The pony was 23 years old. 



 An Easter egg hunt...  
Ford was super excited when he found his first egg.  He shook it and realized something was inside.  When he saw there was candy he was done.  That was all he needed.  He didn’t realize if he kept getting eggs he would get more candy.  We convinced him to keep hunting. 

 LOVE this facial expression

There was a bouncy house



More pony riding



 Cupcakes


 And of course some tractors too, were found in the Delta


1 comment:

heatherstockett said...

Congrats to your mother-in-law!

Love the pics! Ford and the Easter eggs are too cute. And, of course, the tractors :)

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...