Friday, July 2, 2010

Bending the Rules

So I have been doing a little baking and making over the past 24 hours and thought I would share some new recipes with you. I went to the grocery store and bought some fresh strawberries and blueberries. I decided rather than eating them alone I would make some sweet treats to put them in. This completely ruined the health factor of eating the fruits alone, but it did make them a little more delicious.



BLUEBERRY MUFFINS


2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup margarine
1 cup sugar
2 extra large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup milk
2 ½ cups blueberries, rinsed, divided
Sugar, for topping


Preheat oven to 375. Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. Beat margarine with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in sugar until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in vanilla. Stir in half of flour mixture, then half of milk. Repeat. Fold in 2 cups of blueberries. Mash remaining blueberries. Fold into batter. Spoon into greased and floured muffin tins. Sprinkle tops with sugar. Bake 25 minutes.

MY MOM’S STRAWBERRY PIE

1 can Eagle Brand Evaporated Milk
1 lemon squeezed
1 small strawberry jello mix
1 large (16 oz) cool whip
4 cups of strawberries (I bought a 32 oz container)
2 graham cracker pie crusts


Mix evaporated milk and lemon juice. Sprinkle dry jello into mixture. Fold in cool whip. Fold in strawberries. (You must cut your strawberries. I don’t like large pieces in my pie!) Pour into crusts. Makes 2 pies. Refrigerate for several hours.


Yesterday Ford, Gran, and I took a little road trip to Tupelo to visit some family. My aunt and uncle said they wanted to get Ford’s hands and feet done in pottery as a baby gift and we are just now getting around to it, 14 months later!!
I picked out the colors and how I wanted the final product to look. I can’t wait! I will post pictures when it comes in.

Playing on the water mat

Ford has snack time everyday around 3:00. The other day I had fixed him a nice assortment of Cheerios, goldfish, puffs, and teddy grahams. When I handed him his snack he looked at me and said “NO!” He jumped up and ran to the pantry and started pointing and saying “Uhhh.” I picked him up because I didn’t know what he wanted and come to find out he needed some potato chips. And yes, I let my 14 month old eat Lays for snack. Not a healthy choice, but sometimes you got to bend the rules. And in the mean time, I will hide the Lays!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Cute! We like road trips too!

heatherstockett said...

We had the clay thing done when Jackson was about a month old. Turned out REALLY cute! Don't worry about the chips- Jackson eats them! Nothing wrong with that. As my dad says... "you need a little fat, and you might as well enjoy it." ;)

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...