Monday, May 3, 2010

365 Days Old



Well, Ford made it to day 365 in one piece. The night before his birthday I kind of had a hard time putting him to bed. No, I didn’t cry. I am not a big crier. I just started thinking how far we had come in the last 365 days. We have accomplished a lot in the last year and crossed many milestones. I am sad to see my “baby” leave the infant stage and cross over into the toddler stage, but then again I am so excited to see what the future has in store for us.


I have been asked this question a million times lately. “When are you going to have baby number 2?” The thought of having another baby right now makes my head want to spin right off my body. Don’t get me wrong, I would LOVE to have another child or even two more, but Trey and I don’t feel that now is the time to start thinking about more babies. We are completely content with Ford and how our lives are going right now that we aren’t ready to add to the family tree just yet. So, to answer everyone’s question, no, we are not about to have another baby in the next year!

On Saturday God decided to let the bottom fall out of the sky and land right on Senatobia. It rained and rained and rained. I will have you know that no rain could stop us from having his first birthday party. Initially the party was supposed to be outside. The invitation said to bring your favorite riding toy. I planned to let all the children ride their toys, play with bubbles, sidewalk chalk, balls, and bats. Forget that idea. We moved the party inside and did a little rearranging of furniture.

The party went really well. I was pleased with the turn out. Some out of towners were afraid to drive in the weather but we still had a full house. Trey and I gave Ford a Radio Flyer car and the green outfit he has on for his birthday. I decided that was enough. I should have put no gifts on the invitation because our house looks like Toys R Us now. For Christmas he can have diapers and money for a college fund! I took lots of pictures so please bear with me….



And now it is time for the cake. I was so excited about this part of the day. I just knew that Ford would dig right in and finish the entire thing off. WRONG!!! He didn’t exactly like his hands getting dirty.


I went ahead and made Trey’s job really easy on my Mother’s Day gift. Usually I don’t tell him what I want for a specific holiday, but I decided to help him out this time. For my Mother’s Day gift I want to get my blog published from my announcement of his pregnancy in an October 2008 blog until this one about his birthday party. It will be something we can keep for years to come.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post!!! Can't believe "our little man" is a year old. It is so much fun watching him grow. Precious memories are being made every day.

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

That last picture of Ford & Trey is my favorite! I'm glad yall had a good time. Looking at these pictures gives me anxiety about getting everything together for Reid's party.

heatherstockett said...

Glad he had a wonderful birthday! I love the pic of him diving head first into the cake :) And, the one of you two is precious.

The Moore's said...

I can't believe he is already a year old. He is SO stinking cute! I love reading your blog.

Mississippi girl in Maitland said...

I cannot believe Ford is a year old! He looks so stinkin cute in all the pics

The Dimino's said...

Looks like ya'll had a lot of fun!! Everything looked great!! Ford is so stinkin cute!!

Mary Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday Ford! I love the picture of him driving his car down the driveway with a huge grin on his face! Too cute :)

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...