Tuesday, June 26, 2018

He is Home

Rare.  Rare is seeing all 3 of my children home at the same time and sitting still.
 This has been an extremely busy summer, and I have already promised myself that next summer we won't tackle as many activities.  We will take time to stay home and do nothing.

Last week I took the littles for an eye check up 3 months after Sister got glasses, Bitty got new glasses and he started wearing his patch.  Annie is doing great.  We are supposed to keep wearing the glasses all the time.  Bitty's bad eye improved from 20/40 to 20/25.  Our patching is working!!!!  I, myself, wasn't ever an "over-achiever", but with my kids I tend to be.  The doctor told us in March to patch 2 hours a day.  We had been patching at least two hours, maybe more on some days.  Naturally, I think this is a fantastic idea and we will conquer this lazy eye once and for all.  Well, she informed me to ONLY patch 2 hours a day and no more.  Of course I asked "why".  She said he could end up using the bad eye too much and actually weaken the good eye.  Oh my gosh, now I have to freak out and try to only patch 2 hours!!!!!!!
 I LOVE to mow.  We have 9 acres and one of those zero turn mowers.  Trey won't let me mow the "good grass" right around the house, but the weeds are fair game.  The other day I went for my therapy mow session and after 20 or so minutes I decided I better check on the kids.  The boys were playing baseball and Annie was putting on "lipstick".  AKA- eye black!!!!!!
 The Barbies fell victim too.
 If you don't know about eye black, it doesn't come off too well!!!!!
 The Bit... He's been sporting this Paw Patrol shirt since September 2015.  It's old.  It's faded.  But it's special to me.  He got this shirt on the last shopping trip I went on with my mom.  Bitty accompanied us and Gran bought it for him because he needed it badly!
 He's got 9 championship rings!  Bling Bling
 The man wife always begs for a date night.  I try to explain that between baseball and church we have no time.  Well, last week I decided we would have a date night.  I arranged the sitter, told Trey when to be home, and planned a great "dude date".  We went to the farm and rode the gator all over the 1,000+ acres, enjoyed nature, talked without little people interrupting, and finished the night off with a Como Steak House meal!  And the best part was that I wore my t-shirt, frizzy hair, and 5:00 AM make-up to the date!
 This past weekend we concluded our 4 month run with baseball.  Ford has been playing coach pitch and this was the first kid pitch tournament.
 Friday they won 5-1.
 Saturday they lost 15-2.  I don't think our boys do well with overnight traveling.  They weren't ready to play ball.  Later that day we played again and lost in an extra inning 3-2 to conclude the season.  Tears were shed.
Cousin Jack came to stay with us on Sunday-Tuesday.
 The boys went for a run while I followed in the golf cart.  Running isn't exactly my thing!
 Bitty is an animal.  I think he ran close to 2 miles.  I told Trey he could be his personal trainer.
Today's questions by Bitty were as follows:
How deep is the ocean?
What's the fartherest someone has ever run?
Yes, I had to google these!!!!
 Ford is attending Ole Miss baseball camp this week.  I think it's a great experience for him.  It's hot, but he's loving it!
My brother and his family spent the last 4 months fostering a precious baby with Downs Syndrome.  Last week Kylen got sick and today he went to be with Jesus.  It can be so difficult to understand how a child's work could be done here on Earth in just 10 short months.  He was the cutest, fattest, softest, and  best baby I've ever been around.  We know this life is but a vapor and we are only passing through.  Kylen is with Jesus.  He is HOME!
Image may contain: 1 person, grass and outdoor

No comments:

Egg Activities

Annie loves to dress like her friends.   One day Carter Grace and Annie needed to look alike. The junior high played baseball at Pillow in G...