Thursday, August 1, 2013

The end of our hippie journey

So, as we were out west “finding ourselves” (not really, but I find it humorous that people say that mess), we drove to Montana.  The couple we went with, Wynne and Jessica, had rented a car so we were able to stop and sight see along the way.

Our journey took us through Idaho….
 After a 4 ½ hour drive we arrived in Ennis, Montana.  It’s a very small town, population around 1,100.  Wynne’s grandfather built a house out there years ago and his family goes ever summer.

The house….
That was our room upstairs….
 The views were breathtaking.  Saturday night as we were eating dinner a deer came right outside the window to eat some corn.
 We rode around later to look for deer.  These western deer aren't like our Mississippi deer.  They don’t take off running when they see you driving around.  We were able to see tons.
 I found this to be interesting… It’s a “cowboy hotel” from the 1800’s.   
 Trey took this picture… I think it’s awesome.   
 On Sunday we went rafting again.  You can really get a good tan up in those mountains.     
I propped my feet up for the ride…      
Trey got a fishing license.  I opted to sit in the boat.  The water was COLD!      
At the house….
 Sunday night Wynne’s dad rented a cabin in the middle of nowhere.  Really it was gorgeous.  It was about 30 minutes from town off in the mountains.       
 Trey, me, Jessica, Wynne, Mrs. Sandy, and Mr. Steve
 It was chilly that night too.

 Some things I want to remember about my trip:

In Wyoming their stop signs say “Whoa”.
On the menus in restaurants it doesn’t say “Appetizers” it says “Shared Plates”.
Most of the time our water didn’t come with ice.
When you ask for tea they look at you oddly.
Not having air conditioning in a place is a normal thing.
My skin became insanely dry out there.  There isn’t any humidity. 
It stays light outside until 9:30 which is 10:30 our time.
Most people out there dress like hippies and wear hiking clothes.
It’s in the 50’s in the morning and at night.
You can’t find a store like a Wal-Mart or Target anywhere.
I never saw an African American.
There were a lot of foreign speaking people in WY and MT.
I didn’t see many churches.
Most of the buildings were a dark color and cabinish.
The water from the sink was freezing.

“No matter how great the trip is, it’s always good to be home.” – Trey Lamar



1 comment:

Meg said...

I love the pictures. Gorgeous!! Glad y'all had a good time. We are planning a ski trip this winter...I can't wait to go out west again.

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...