Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Receding Gums

The boys have been playing outside a lot during the quarantine which now we will call summer break.  Since we have a lake behind our house we have critters.  They better be glad this bad boy didn't snap them in half.

School is officially over and awards have been handed out.  Bitty ended with: All A's for the year and was put on the Headmaster's List, two art awards, and AR certificate, and the Kit Kat award for being a good helper.

He got the first place AR trophy for reading the most books in his class.

He got the math award for the top average in math.

And he won a district art award!





Ford won the first place AR trophy in his class for the most points and received a certificate.  He got 2 art awards, a ST. Jude math award, Headmaster's List, and Duke Tip.

He got a plaque for a 95 and above average.

And he had the top average for a boy in his class.

He won second place in state for his art.
Image may contain: 1 person, standing and child
Preschool doesn't have quite as many "things" to achieve, but Sister didn't go away empty handed....

She won a district art award too!!!!!

Since school was canceled they did a virtual end of the year celebration we watched online.

There's my Sarah Suzanne "Annie" Lamar!

I have spent the last two years with a group of children.  Some of them treat me as their own.... Sweet Emily.... Last day of third grade and the day she came to pick up her stuff, during the quarantine, she put on her uniform for a last day picture.   I love her...
2019 and 2020

Courtlyn and I spent two years together.  I love her.  She is so spunky and fun.....
Left: last day of 4th grade... top right: last day of third grade.... bottom right: Meet the teacher in third grade!

We found this on our driveway when we got home!

Anna Greer's brother, Eli, graduated and we went to have cake with him!  Annie says she's marrying him!

Not to be outdone by Ford, Bitty is on a competitive baseball team.  I took him Saturday and about melted.  No shade.


The Stills came to stay with us at the farm on Sunday.  Always a good time.

Annie is working on her summer beach body by taking in all the ice cream she can.

Who likes to post terrible pictures of themselves?  NOT ME!  But here goes.... 

I went to the dentist in December and my hygienist said my gums were receding on the top right and I should go to a professional.  I made a appointment in March for surgery at the end of the month.  Corona hit so it was postponed until yesterday.  Naturally, Fancy is in Jackson so I had to recruit BoomPa to help.  He drove me to my surgery yesterday.

It was supposed to last 30 minutes and I was there for 1 hour and 20 minutes.  At the initial consultation, I said I HATE PAIN.  I am a sissy.  This surgery terrifies me!!!!  I asked him to use cadaver tissue to patch my receding gum area.  I am guessing he forgot!!!  He scraped my tissue from the room of my mouth to patch my gums and then put cadaver tissue on the room of my mouth.

I look like a hot mess in that picture.  I was sedated because I was nervous as hell.  Excuse my cussing.  I went home and slept and looked like I had Bells Palsy all day!

The pain hasn't been bad because I am on top of my pain meds.  I can't swallow good because of the cadaver tissue being stitched into the roof of my mouth.  Life is grand!

Since I am not 100% I made BoomPa help with sight words today.

I warned him that she was NOT good at her money.  She hasn't a clue what those coins are or what they are worth.   He quit after that.

Here'e to hoping my new toothbrush will help my gums to not recede.

No comments:

RTT TBS

Thank goodness that Easter Bunny stopped by.... Trying to take pictures of my kids isn't the easiest thing ever..... We recreated a 2016...